The simFlight Network Forums

FSX:SE won't start after FSUIPC install

Hi,

I recently downloaded the BlackBox widebody prologue, and while setting up the load manager for the it asked for FSUIPC to install, which it did. I then made the decision to go and buy the full license for it. I reinstall FSUIPC4 off of the website. After which, when I went to turn on FSX:SE it asked me to verify to run the FSUIPC4_loader.DLL and as soon as I press "run" FSX just closes on the intro screen and my EZDOK gives the message: "FSX Process not found. FSX_Handles: 0"

Usually when I got this error, reinstalling FSUPIC (Free version) just did the trick, but reinstalling doesn't seem to do it this time.

Any help would be great,

Thank you much!

I recently downloaded the BlackBox widebody prologue, and while setting up the load manager for the it asked for FSUIPC to install, which it did. I then made the decision to go and buy the full license for it. I reinstall FSUIPC4 off of the website. After which, when I went to turn on FSX:SE it asked me to verify to run the FSUIPC4_loader.DLL 

Why did you install the FSUIPC4 Loader? Did you not read the Installation instructions? That is only for special circumstances and generally not advised.

Remove the FSUIPC Loder DLL from the Modules folder, then re-run the Installer.

Pete

Why did you install the FSUIPC4 Loader? Did you not read the Installation instructions? That is only for special circumstances and generally not advised.

Remove the FSUIPC Loder DLL from the Modules folder, then re-run the Installer.

Pete

FSUIPC Loader was already in the files, I didn't place anything specific in the module files folder manually.

However I removed it and re installed FSUIPC now, and now the error is the same one except instead of asking me to run the loader, it asks for FSUIPC.DLL "Run" or "Don't Run" and then the sim just closes.

I'm assuming that this portion is where persistence is needed due to SimConnect conflict?

Yes. Persistence pays. The problem isn't so common these days, but it is still some sort of timing conflict in SimConnect. I've not seen it reported yet for FSX-SE (so it's worth trying that),, and I the checks which fail are not applied in P3D.

Pete

Yes. Persistence pays. The problem isn't so common these days, but it is still some sort of timing conflict in SimConnect. I've not seen it reported yet for FSX-SE (so it's worth trying that),, and I the checks which fail are not applied in P3D.

Pete

Still no luck, however I did receive an error that stated that "multiple FSUIPC were detected" The error suggested removing the modules folder and reinstalling, so I followed that direction. Still attempting to get the timing. I'll let you know what I get out of it, I'm not sure if after a certain amount of time if it's worth just reinstalling all FSX related software or just keep trying? Let me know if you think of anything that could help!

Thank you for the help so far, very appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just installed FSUIPC on my second client computer which I have just performed a clean installation of Windows 10 and FSX-SE.

The only other install was OpusFSX. The FSUIPC is required for Opus FSX to be fully functional (I believe to synchronize the weather).

Anyway, FSX-SE won't start beyond the initial splash screen (starts OK with FSUIPC.DLL REMOVED). The FSUIPC log file gets to the sim connect steam file and then stops (other sim connect connections seem OK). Has anybody seen this behavior.

Thanks

Hi. Have you checked that there isn't a dialogue box asking for permission to do something (e.g. to run the FSUIPC module), hidden behind the FSX:SE splash screen and/or the Steam window? Press alt-tab to cycle through open windows to make sure.

If it isn't that, then I'm afraid Pete is away at the moment, but if you can post the contents of your FSUIPC log file, someone else may be able to help.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Did anyone find a fix for this?

My system has started showing the same errors (first time I tried to start I got the EZDOK error cited in the first post and then after than I am getting the message saying FSX has detected a problem with a third party software program (add on) and then lists the details for FSUIPC4.DLL.  It is version 4.943

Strange thing is it has been working fine.  Last thing I did was install Rex essentials and go for a flight.  All worked well.  Closed down PC.  Went to go for a flight today and getting this error.  Also my Rex Essentials program (starting before FSX of course) won't get beyond the "Building windows and themes" section of the loading procedure.

Can anyone help?  My planned Sunday afternoon flying is turning into a major head scratching and sighing exercise :)

I'm having a similar issue. I recently updated to Windows 10, from Windows 8.1, which had been working. FSX continued to work for several days after that with some connection problems with some of the devices I use. Most notably, the Saitek Pro Trim Wheel seemed to conflict with my mouse and cause complete system crashes, even when not running FSX. So, I disconnected the trim wheel, but things continued to deteriorate to the point where FSX would load to the initial screen, but as soon as I hit Fly, it resulted in a CTD. After multiple attempts to fix this I began the slow process of a complete reinstall of FSX. After adding each new addon, I ran the simulation, which ran quite well after the initial installation from the box. It also ran after installing Active Sky Next.  When I initially installed the latest version of FSUIPC, it worked the first time I loaded the game. All of my Saitek panels came to life, the switches were working, WooHoo!. Then I installed UTX, and tried to run FSX. I got the exact same CTD I had been getting before starting the reinstall Process. The error log is as follows:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: fsui.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d058

Faulting process id: 0x2300

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ddcbf4f6c25c

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\fsui.dll

Report Id: 5dae023f-49bf-11e5-bfe5-7845c4fe675c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've since tried uninstalling UTX, no change, I removed the module folder for FSUIPC, no change, I tried the above mentioned fix, as I had also inadvertently installed the loader, this also did no good.​ I'm out of ideas, except for starting over, and maybe skipping UTX, and making sure I don't use the loader.dll.  Would appreciate any thoughts you have before starting that again.

I'm having a similar issue.

Faulting module path: C:\FSX\fsui.dll​

This is not really "similar" and in fact in not at all related to FSUIPC, so I'm afraid I've no way to help. The crash is in FS's own user interface. Maybe your installation is corrupt and a reinstall would help?

Pete

Regarding my previous post. I noticed some other odd behavior with my system (perhaps from changing too many file permissions), and reverted back to a system backup (using Acronis) that I made before configuring my file permissions. I then uninstalled and reinstalled steam. This time I was careful to put the steam directory at the top level of the file system instead of in the program's folder.

After this, FSUIPC ran fine.

Thanks