The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc joystick control

hello everyone , 

i am new to this forum and i have a question.

i installed the p3d in my computer (i love it) but the first thing i check is the buttons and axis assignment and i did realize that finally it is a directinput (can control more than 32 buttons per joystick) , but the not so good new there is not much of controls like the fsuipc have , after i install the fsuipc i realize that the p3d version still limited to 32 buttons per joystick , my question is there is any update or a twik that i can do to make it control more than 32 buttons ? i did create my own game pad that have 2 controller in it, one controller is 128 buttons and the other one is 64 buttons and 32 encoders .

please please please let me know if there something i can do 

for right now i am using linda but its crash all the time 

Best

Try compound(conditional buttons),or buttons that are conditional, afforded you by the paid version of FSUIPC… What I considered to be an absolute must for any serious simmer.

In my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, using my trigger(it could be any button available on ANY throttle or joystick)as a "shift Key".

I now have 64 possibilities per controller, or 128 available with throttle and joystick.

Read the FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users manual.

Welcome and enjoy!

Chas

after i install the fsuipc i realize that the p3d version still limited to 32 buttons per joystick , my question is there is any update or a twik that i can do to make it control more than 32 buttons ?

Sorry, but there is no special "P3D version". There is only the one version FSUIPC4, and I'm afraid changing all the code to deal completely with joysticks via the later DirectInput facilities is not only a lot of complex changes, which I'm not really willing to undertake at this stage, but it would also involve updating to later versions of the Visual C which would make supporting FSX more of a problem.

I would also be concerned than FSUIPC would suffer more of the joystick connection losses which the FSX/P3D method currently does.

Maybe if there is ever a 64-bit version of P3D and there is justification for FSUIPC still (it would be a new product, of course, maybe FSUIPC5) then I can change it over -- assuming I'm not so old that my brain isn't working well enough by then (I am 72 already!).

Meanwhile, you can, if you wish, construct drivers for your devices using Lua plug-ins and the COM libraries "HID" interface facilities, which can be made to handle any joystick device of any configuration.

BTW if LINDA should cope but fails, wouldn't it be a good idea to pursue a solution ni that direction?

Pete