The simFlight Network Forums

[MOVED FROM "Announcements" SUBFORUM!]

I have loaded FDC which has been deleted,  FSUIPC4 with it but I cannot find it in program & features to uninstall as this coming up with an error each time I  go into FSX steam .Look forward to your reply yours sincerely Harry Davis

Please use the Support Forum in future! The ANNOUNCEMENTS subforum is for Announcements!

[MOVED FROM "Announcements" SUBFORUM!]

I have loaded FDC which has been deleted,  FSUIPC4 with it but I cannot find it in program & features to uninstall as this coming up with an error each time I  go into FSX steam .Look forward to your reply yours sincerely Harry Davis

FDC? Flight Deck Companion? I don't know it. Why deleted? Is it relevant?

FSUIPC4 with it but I cannot find it in program & features to uninstall

FSUIPC does not touch anything else in your system, only creating the Modules folder in your FSX folder, and placing ther the FSUIPC4.DLL and documentation. You only need to delete it. It is listed in the DLL.XML file, but that is only so it will get loaded. If you delete it it will not load.

this coming up with an error each time I  go into FSX steam

And what error is that? would it be better to resolve that instead?

Pete

this is what comes up each time how do I  delete  

Flight Simulator detected a problem with a third party software program [add on];

Name FSUIPC4 DLL;new unerversal IPC interface version 4.929 company Peter Dowson File Mod \FSUIPC4.DLL

Do you want to run this software [not recommended]? 

this is what comes up each time how do I  delete  

Flight Simulator detected a problem with a third party software program [add on];

Name FSUIPC4 DLL;new unerversal IPC interface version 4.929 company Peter Dowson File Mod \FSUIPC4.DLL

Do you want to run this software [not recommended]? 

Oh dear. You need to install a current version of FSUIPC4 -- the earliest supported version at present is 4.943. Version 4.929 pre-dates the release of FSX-SE by about nine months, so it couldn't possibly work with it!

Pete