The simFlight Network Forums

Map a button

I have PMDG 737 NGX 800-900 installed and was wondering how to make the position strobes & steady button move. I have the latest FSUIPC installed version 4.942. I only want to use FSIUPC and not have to use Linda to control button. If I find out how to do this can I map any button I want to? I also saw where you could go into C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls and add to it to map a button which I did for the taxi lights but could not get strobe position & steady lights switch to move. What if any am I doing wrong?

I have PMDG 737 NGX 800-900 installed and was wondering how to make the position strobes & steady button move. I have the latest FSUIPC installed version 4.942. I only want to use FSIUPC and not have to use Linda to control button. If I find out how to do this can I map any button I want to?

The updated version has facilities for controlling pretty much everything by assigning to "custom controls" You'd need to look up the function you need in the Header (.h) style document, in the 737NGX SDK folder I think, then assigning that number to your button using the <custom control> assignment facility.

BTW the currently supported version of FSUIPC is 4.943. Version 4.942 is not the "latest".

I also saw where you could go into C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls and add to it to map a button which I did for the taxi lights but could not get strobe position & steady lights switch to move. What if any am I doing wrong?

I think that's where FSX stores its own assignments. No need to go there -- there's an assignments dialogue in FSX for that. However, it doesn't cope with custom controls.

Pete

(Updated Version) What updated version are we talking about? FSUIPC 4.942? Where do I find custom controls to input info?

4.942 was the previous version -- you said you had the "latest". I was only pointing out that 4.943 is the latest! ( It's just a little annoying when folks always think the version they actually have is the latest without first checking).

All of which isn't so relevant. The facility to assign custom controls has been in FSUIPC for a long time. You'll find the selection near the top, or even at the top, of the button assignments list -- where you assign things to buttons in FSUIPC. Please do check the documentation. There are pictures too to show you what the various tabs in the FSUIPC options look like.

First, though, you need to find the custom control number, which is in the PMDG installed stuff, in the .h file in its SDK. I don't use any PMDG aircraft so I cannot help there, sorry.

Pete