The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

Which STB for which Simulator (FSX, FSX Steam Edition and Prepar3D V2/V3/V4)?

There are five simulators that STB can support:

• FSX (original Microsoft product, now most commonly seen as FSX Gold);
  • FSX Steam Edition;
  • Prepar3D V2;
  • Prepar3D V3;
  • Prepar3D V4;

There are various editions of STB available, depending on the Simulator or combinations of Simulators you have installed.  Each STB edition can be installed and used on the same computer as any of the other editions listed below, depending on your simulator needs.  Any questions, just ask!

Prepare3D V2

• STB V3.3 for Prepar3D V2.  Latest version is V3.3.2.11.
  • This product is not compatible with FSX, FSX-SE or Prepar3D V3.
  • This is a separate product compared to STB for FSX and needs to be purchased.  However most shops offer a discount to existing STB for FSX customers.  For those that don't, contact me first and I'll try to help.
  • Owners of STB V3.3 for Prepar3D V2 are entitled to use STB V3.4 for STB Prepar3D V3 free of charge (see below).

Prepare3D V3

• STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3.  Latest version is V3.4.0.29.
  • This product is not compatible with FSX, FSX-SE or Prepar3D V2.
  • Owners of STB V3.3 for Prepar3D V2 are entitled to use STB V3.4 for STB Prepar3D V3 free of charge.  Please visit the shop where you purchased STB to download the additional product.
  • This is a separate product compared to STB for FSX editions and needs to be purchased.  However most shops offer a discount to existing STB for FSX customers.  For those that don't, contact me first and I'll try to help.
  • As both Prepar3D V2 and Prepar3D V3 can be installed at the same time, STB V3.3 for Prepar3D V2 and STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3 can also.

Prepare3D V4

• STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.  Latest version is V4.0.2017.21200.
  • This product is not compatible with FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D V2 or Prepar3D V3.
  • Owners of an previous version of STB for Prepar3D are entitled to use STB V4 for Prepar3D V4 free of charge.  Please visit the shop where you purchased STB to download the additional product.
  • This is a separate product compared to STB for FSX editions and needs to be purchased.  However most shops offer a discount to existing STB for FSX customers.  For those that don't, contact me first and I'll try to help.
  • As Prepar3D V2, V4 and V4 can all be installed at the same time, so can STB V3.3 for Prepar3D V2, STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3 and STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.

FSX (Original Microsoft)

• STB V3 for FSX.  Latest version is 3.2.0.1.15
  • This product is not compatible with Prepar3D, see below for options.

FSX Steam Edition (Stand alone, without original Microsoft FSX)

• STB V3 for FSX. Latest version is 3.2.1.15. 
  • This product is not compatible with Prepar3D, see below for options.
  • For this to work, you must not have original Microsoft FSX on the same computer as FSX-SE.  In this configuration, FSX-SE looks exactly like FSX to STB. 
  • You do not require the "special" STB for FSX-SE described below and while it may work there is no benefit in using it.
  • Due to the way the STB Simulator plugin was compiled, you will need to install the FSX SP1 Simconnect client in to FSX-SE.  You can find the installer in your steam library, for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1\SimConnect.msi

FSX Steam Edition ("Dual Simulator", on the same computer as original Microsoft FSX)

• STB V3 for FSX.  Latest version is 3.2.1.15.  Use this to connect to Microsoft FSX.
  • STB V3 for FSX-SE (DualSim). Latest version is 3.3.2.15.  Use this to connect to FSX Steam Edition.
  • These product is not compatible with Prepar3D, see below for options.
  • Just as you can install and run FSX and FSX-SE on the same computer, you can do the same with STB for FSX and STB for FSX-SE.
  • STB for FSX-SE (DualSim) is not available in the shops, but can be requested from me free of charge to existing STB for FSX customers.

Simon