The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon: Departures from secondary airports frozen

aquince

I am working the LAX sector, departures only at a medium rate (just getting my feet wet).  All departures from LAX go as expected, but every time I get a departure from one of the secondary airports in the sector (SMO, TOA, etc.) the pilot will contact me, and the data block for the flight will indicate a climb to the tower-assigned initial altitude, but the icon doesn't move away from the airport and the data block indicates 0 knots for the speed.  I've only seen 5 or 6 departures from airports other than LAX so far, but the same thing happens every time, without exception.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aaron Quince

I tried to attach the zipped Game.log, but it is 118kb, too big to upload - other options?

There are two planes that showed the behavior, N337DD and N521BW, departing from SMO and TOA, respectively.  Note, only GA aircraft have ever departed from the secondary airports when I've played, and the only GA airplanes have come from the secondary airports, so this could be an issue with GA flights rather than the airports.  Please see my details below:

• your Operating system including 32 or 64 bit and the language - Windows 8.1, 64 bit
  • system memory - 16GB
  • video card and it's memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • did you install openAL - yes
  • did you install Speech and set it up as it described in the manual - yes
  • if you report gameplay problems or possible conflicts please make sure to attach the tower.log file from the main Tower! 2011 folder - this is in Tracon 2012, so I believe the game.log file is the correct one, please let me know if I should be looking for something different

Note, I also have installed Real Traffic for Tracon 2012

Thanks for your help

I started a new game and got a GA aircraft coming out of TOA early in the game.  However, zipped it is still 21kb and won't upload.  I can get it down to 16kb as a .zipx file, that type is apparently not uploadable.  I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Aquince

I has this problem some time ago. I think I fixed it by noting the type of aircraft that was causing the problem. Go into the airplanes.txt file in databases folder and make sure they are in the list of aircraft and note their codes in that file. Open the "plane Ed"  in the Airplanes folder and load  the aircraft .apx file into it. Check that there is info in the "Close to ALT 0 feet (tower) section. Also add some figures to the close to 12000feet (tracon)  area. This may not be needed but it can't do any harm. 

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia

delete the file from the feelThere folder.  start the game.  play (attempt to play).  now you will have a small file to upload.

That's actually what I did when I got the 21kb file. I'll try it again tonight, maybe I'll get one of the GA flights earlier before the log file gets too big.

Aquince

I has this problem some time ago. I think I fixed it by noting the type of aircraft that was causing the problem. Go into the airplanes.txt file in databases folder and make sure they are in the list of aircraft and note their codes in that file. Open the "plane Ed"  in the Airplanes folder and load  the aircraft .apx file into it. Check that there is info in the "Close to ALT 0 feet (tower) section. Also add some figures to the close to 12000feet (tracon)  area. This may not be needed but it can't do any harm. 

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia

Thanks for the lead.  I found that all of the GA planes popping up are type TRP, which I don't recognize from the real world and doesn't appear to be represented in the airplanes.txt file or an option to loan in the plane editor.  Not sure where to go with it from there...

One additional thing I noticed tonight while playing - all of the flights in question show "Ga" as the SID.  I had assumed this simply referred to a general aviation flight that was not following a SID, but I thought I'd mention it.

Aquince

Did you sort this problem out?

I think you need to look at the odd ball aircraft types that turn up in the schedule and are not in the aircraft.txt files and add performance charateristics to get them to work. I have tried to incorporate various business jets and other types into my schedules but it becomes too hard to get performance details etc.

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Aquince,

I remember having had frozen or extremely slow moving aircraft some time ago. In my cases the log showed no particular error message but the aircraft speed logged was in the range between 0 and 5 knots only.

In 707FAN's post above Kev M indicates that the problem might be related to the files airplanes.txt (as it is named with my installation of Tracon) and to the file schedule.txt

I think you need to look at the odd ball aircraft types that turn up in the schedule and are not in the aircraft.txt files

I do agree with his suggestion. I could solve my problems by checking that every aircraft type used in schedule has an corresponding entry in airplanes database. I did detect aircraft types in schedule which were not listed in airplanes.txt. Correction was easy:

You may use a text editor and modify the aircraft type given in schedule.txt to a valid aircraft type from airplanes.txt.

Remember to backup your files before modifying them.

Regards

fracasado