The simFlight Network Forums

Devices not working after a hardware problem was fixed

Hi all,

My motherboard crashed on late May 2015. Finally today I have it again although refurbished. I have tried to make a flight with my FS2004 and I find that the axes of my devices (yoke, pedals and throttle, all from CH Products) do not respond correctly to the assigned actions, Apparently, the buttons respond as they were assigned.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, FSUIPC version 3.999z8 and I have a backup copy of my FSUIPC.ini file although nothing has changed in it between the saved version and the actual one.

Can anyone help me in some way to make the devices run correctly again without having to reassign them for all my planes?

Thanks in advance,

Lluís

Hi all,

My motherboard crashed on late May 2015. Finally today I have it again although refurbished. I have tried to make a flight with my FS2004 and I find that the axes of my devices (yoke, pedals and throttle, all from CH Products) do not respond correctly to the assigned actions, Apparently, the buttons respond as they were assigned.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, FSUIPC version 3.999z8 and I have a backup copy of my FSUIPC.ini file although nothing has changed in it between the saved version and the actual one.

I would need specific information to help, I'm afraid. "Do not respond correctly" isn't much to go on.

Are you assigning in FSUIPC or in FS? If in FS are all controllers properly disabled in FS? Are you using Profiles or Aircraft-specific assignments and perhaps are selecting different aircraft?

Maybe some description of exactly what the problem is would be useful, as well as a sight of your Settings (i.e. the FSUIPC.INI file, in your FS modules folder). You can paste its contents in a message.

Pete

Good morning,

Sorry for the delay, but the phone company is installing the optic fiber and we had no internet connection yet. Also, return from summer holidays usually means a lot of work on the desk.

Let's go with this issue ...

I would need specific information to help, I'm afraid. "Do not respond correctly" isn't much to go on.

Are you assigning in FSUIPC or in FS? If in FS are all controllers properly disabled in FS? Are you using Profiles or Aircraft-specific assignments and perhaps are selecting different aircraft?

Maybe some description of exactly what the problem is would be useful, as well as a sight of your Settings (i.e. the FSUIPC.INI file, in your FS modules folder). You can paste its contents in a message.

Pete

When I said "Do not respond correctly" is a short way to say that they did not respond at all to the actions that were assigned to.

I was assigning in FSUIPC. Since I purchased FSUIPC for the first time quite long ago, I read all the manuals and followed strictly the described procedure to assign axes and buttons in FSUIPC and first of all disable the joysticks in FS.

I think, well in fact I am sure, that I have solved the problem. What I did was to keep a backup of my last FSUIPC.INI that worked correctly. Then deleted the FSUIPC.INI in the Modules folder. Run FS9 and let FSUIPC create a new INI file. Then I changed the field "AutoAssignLetters" to "Yes". Then define axes and buttons to the default Mooney Bravo as generic aircraft. Then copy and paste the sections of my aircraft in the backup FSUIPC.INI file into the new FSUIPC.INI in the Modules folder and now all aircraft, axes and buttons work perfect as it should.

So, from my side this topic can be closed and perhaps may be useful for other users in the future.

Thank you once again for your time.

Best regards,

Lluís