The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6.0a public beta

This update is an incremantal update the converts a working 6.0 install into a working 6.0a (beta5) install. So I do not get what you are asking above.

So from ground up, install 6.0, then apply the update. You can add it to the sims supported by 6.0 before or after you apply the update, for P3D V3 after the update only.

This update is an incremantal update the converts a working 6.0 install into a working 6.0a (beta5) install. So I do not get what you are asking above.

So from ground up, install 6.0, then apply the update. You can add it to the sims supported by 6.0 before or after you apply the update, for P3D V3 after the update only.

I just meant I already had 6.0a beta 4 installed. I just then installed beta 5 on top of it. Seemed to go OK.

Some of your remarks look like you do not have full access to the MyTraffic folder?

The editor manages yiur own set of flight plans. It has nothing to do with the prepared ones. A nice trick would be though to make the changes to the aircraft section, expoert Myaircraft.dat, and replace the one under MTPlans\2015 by this file, then create the 2015 schedules again.

I do have administrator access to the folder. If I understand the trick, I would go to Aircraft under the Editor, click on "Create MyAircraft.dat, and then replace the file in the 2015 schedules by this new file? To create the Summer 2015 schedules again, do I just choose those in the Communicator as before?

I do have administrator access to the folder. If I understand the trick, I would go to Aircraft under the Editor, click on "Create MyAircraft.dat, and then replace the file in the 2015 schedules by this new file? To create the Summer 2015 schedules again, do I just choose those in the Communicator as before?

Thinking about this, maybe I can just open the current MyAircraft.dat in the 2015 Schedules, and then delete the 2 B1900's that are incorrectly appearing at KERI? I'll try this soon to see it it works.

It seems that almost everyone has trouble getting MyTraffic6 to work in P3D v.3. Maybe it is because there is a step-by-step manual missing and the manuals available mix things from different simulators. Could someone tell me if the steps below are correct or what is wrong and needed to complete installation?

1: Install My Traffic 6  D:\MyTraffic Professional --> done!

2: Move mtxu60abeta4 to the folder D:\MyTraffic Professional and execute the mtxu60beta4

This seems to have worked because in the folder D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Manual the pdf MyTraffic Professional Manual has now the version 6.0a. --> done!

3. From now on everything is unclear. Should I first open MyTraffic and open the file MTX_V60a.myt and then create all files and traffic or should I open first the communicator to indicate where My Traffic and P3D V3 is installed?

But no matter in which order I do it, the result is always the same à No traffic except the P3D default traffic appears.

With the MyTraffic Communicator I always run into the following problems: The warning ”TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied !” never disappears!

Under "Manage Prepar3D V2/V3" I only have the following options: Localize Prepar3D v3 and Manage simobject.cfg – v3.  When selecting “Manage simobject.cfg – v3” I also see the entry of MyTraffic.

So what should I do now? Thanks a lot for the advice?

Thinking about this, maybe I can just open the current MyAircraft.dat in the 2015 Schedules, and then delete the 2 B1900's that are incorrectly appearing at KERI? I'll try this soon to see it it works.

I think I fixed the problem with incorrect planes and airlines showing up at KERI. First, I opened the MyAircraft file in the 2015 Summer Schedules folder. I searched for the B1900's for Commutair and Gulf Flight. I then deleted these lines in the file. I then opened the MyCommercialRoutes file in the 2015 Schedules folder. I searched for all the lines that contained flights for KERI. I deleted all the airlines that do not fly into KERI in real life. I then opened Communicator and chose the Summer 2015 Schedules. Now when I go to KERI in FSX, only the correct plane types and airlines appear.

Only problem is I would have to do this for each schedule folder in MT-Plans that I wanted to use. Also, when Burkhard updates the schedule years, I'll have to do this procedure again. Not really a problem, or that much work. Luckily KERI is not a busy airport, so it's pretty easy to make these changes. 

Hello,

what is the minimum setting for "non-Airliners" and "General Aviation"  to have military traffic in the latest beta?

thanks

One quick question, I don't need to apply Beta 2 - 4 before I apply Beta 5 ... Assume Beta 5 is cumulative?

Cheers, Rob.

As far as I know, beta 5 is cumulative and you only need to install that one.

Beta 5: When I create all files and traffic using the flight plan editor and I check the No UT2 option, the schedules produced do not honor this request. For example, I continue to see United Continental and Southwest Airlines although when I go to manage and edit both indicate that they are in UT2. Maybe this option has been disabled? I'm using Acceleration on Win10 Home 64 bit.

We really need Burkhard to try and get to this forum a little more often. There are a lot of questions being asked that only he can answer. Maybe if he's not able to get on for some reason, he can have someone else come on who has a real knowledge of MT 6 to answer all the questions. I know he was working towards a release of 6.0a soon, but it seems like all these questions need to be answered first about beta 5.

As an aside, after installing any of the patches, one has to select the desired schedule again (for example, 2015) or one will be seeing the previous schedule that was installed into the target sim.

Both your proposals should lead to identical results.

It seems that almost everyone has trouble getting MyTraffic6 to work in P3D v.3. Maybe it is because there is a step-by-step manual missing and the manuals available mix things from different simulators. Could someone tell me if the steps below are correct or what is wrong and needed to complete installation?

1: Install My Traffic 6  D:\MyTraffic Professional --> done!

2: Move mtxu60abeta4 to the folder D:\MyTraffic Professional and execute the mtxu60beta4

This seems to have worked because in the folder D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Manual the pdf MyTraffic Professional Manual has now the version 6.0a. --> done!

3. From now on everything is unclear. Should I first open MyTraffic and open the file MTX_V60a.myt and then create all files and traffic or should I open first the communicator to indicate where My Traffic and P3D V3 is installed?

But no matter in which order I do it, the result is always the same à No traffic except the P3D default traffic appears.

With the MyTraffic Communicator I always run into the following problems: The warning ”TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied !” never disappears!

Under "Manage Prepar3D V2/V3" I only have the following options: Localize Prepar3D v3 and Manage simobject.cfg – v3.  When selecting “Manage simobject.cfg – v3” I also see the entry of MyTraffic.

So what should I do now? Thanks a lot for the advice?

After Item 2, just follow the installation instructions. As long as you have no traffic, do not make things more complicated than necessary by creating own schedules using the editor, it will work as installed once you have scenery and simobjects set properly.

I think I fixed the problem with incorrect planes and airlines showing up at KERI. First, I opened the MyAircraft file in the 2015 Summer Schedules folder. I searched for the B1900's for Commutair and Gulf Flight. I then deleted these lines in the file. I then opened the MyCommercialRoutes file in the 2015 Schedules folder. I searched for all the lines that contained flights for KERI. I deleted all the airlines that do not fly into KERI in real life. I then opened Communicator and chose the Summer 2015 Schedules. Now when I go to KERI in FSX, only the correct plane types and airlines appear.

Only problem is I would have to do this for each schedule folder in MT-Plans that I wanted to use. Also, when Burkhard updates the schedule years, I'll have to do this procedure again. Not really a problem, or that much work. Luckily KERI is not a busy airport, so it's pretty easy to make these changes. 

You made a lot too much work. Removing from MyAircraft.dat is sufficient - schedules with not defined aircraft aren't compiled.

Once I'm through the release I will check on the Beech and set the ending date properly. 

As an aside, after installing any of the patches, one has to select the desired schedule again (for example, 2015) or one will be seeing the previous schedule that was installed into the target sim.

The schedules in MyTraffic\scenery will be updated, so what your target sim points to.

Beta 5: When I create all files and traffic using the flight plan editor and I check the No UT2 option, the schedules produced do not honor this request. For example, I continue to see United Continental and Southwest Airlines although when I go to manage and edit both indicate that they are in UT2. Maybe this option has been disabled? I'm using Acceleration on Win10 Home 64 bit.

I will check the editor agaon, but cannot imagine how this could be the case provided you have full control over the MyTraffic folder.

A simple check you can make yourself is by looking into the size of MyTrafficCommercial.bgl resp- the source file MyCommercialRoutes.dat - with the no UT2 option it should show about half the size as without this option, and the size of the file in MyTraffic\scenery should be the same as in the MyTraffic folder after compilation.

We really need Burkhard to try and get to this forum a little more often. There are a lot of questions being asked that only he can answer. Maybe if he's not able to get on for some reason, he can have someone else come on who has a real knowledge of MT 6 to answer all the questions. I know he was working towards a release of 6.0a soon, but it seems like all these questions need to be answered first about beta 5.

I know I should clone myself :) The purpose of this last beta was to see if anybody reports sudden repeating crashes as we had with the 6.0 patch. This seems to be not the case, so I intend to publish the final version this week now.

My TrafficCommercial.bgl definitely changes when I choose the No UT2 option, but not all airlines that should be removed are removed. The two that I've been testing are United and South West. This is new to 6.0a. I have full control over the MyTraffic folder which is located on a separate drive dedicated to FSX. I've had the same set up for several years. The only thing that changed is the OS from 7 to 10.

This is the first time I'm experiencing this issue. The only way to correct the problem is to change the slider to zero which removes all MTX airlines.

The update replace the january schedules by the june/july ones.

What is missing now as paints, needs updates etc. please put into the user wishes Topics now. since the list has to be closed in a few weeks for anything that can be published in summer. It takes about four months now from the last contents addition to publication as final, these four months densely packed with finding and Fixing little technical details, updating the Manuals etc.

@por930: I read you placed the update into the Folder MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic? That is not what the Installation Manual tells you to do, place it into MyTraffic Professional and run it from there...