The simFlight Network Forums

Ejets v2: odd frame rates

KEITHSGIANNONI

Hi,

Some advice/thoughts, please. Just purchased the E175/195 V2 package. All very nice. However, I notice that my frame rates behave a little oddly! For example, in cockpit view they range between 17-18 lowest, to 55-65 highest. Externally between 35 and 120!! It therefore means there is frequently a slight lag in the performance. No problems with my PC with other add ons such as Majestic and PMDG. I've tweaked the setting through the configorator, but in truth there seems little difference in performance despite lowering refresh levels. Any thoughts?

Lastly, sorry for this one. Despite my searches, can anyone advise whether the yoke can be hidden or not?

Best,

KEITHS

Since 2014 I have been successfully flying Embraer 175.Recently the frame rates briefly start off decent around 20 and as the aircraft is configure for takeoff the Frame Rates start droppng, dropping all the way down to 4 or 5 FPS. I have an I5 with Nividia 760 board, 240 GB memory under Win 7 64 bit. To determine the trouble area, FSX was completely removed and reinstalled. Out of the box , any of the stock planes and scenery give FPS upwards of 70. I load a Megascenry area in New York and the frame rate does not budge. lower. As soon as I change aircraft to the EB 175 the trouble starts. Again, this was not an issue a month ago. Nothing was added to cause this issue, to the best of my knowledge. Does E-Jets V.2 need an update to function properly? Other forums show similar situation with other computers running FSX, but not specific to EB175.  Everything has been checked: Memory, Video card, configurations, FSX,cfg. I even us Fiber Excellerator and PrimoCache 2.0. Any ideas, at this point, would be a help.

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks for your reply.

FSX was completely removed and installed. Frame rates were initially tremendous. I began to add back the ad-ons. Scenery was fine, other third-party aircraft were fine. When I loaded the Embraer 175 the Frame rates were cut in half and then kept declining over time. Microsoft Essentials is the only anti-virus in use. 

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks for the responses. I have tried the instrument refresh rates and all the things suggested. I still cannot get away from approximately 18FPS at most addon scenery airports. I've reduced the sliders in FSX with little obvious difference. Yet with AS Airbus I get 35+ and PMDG 28+. It's disappointing but I have learned to live with the reduced rates. The product is excellent for the price offered.

Best,

Keith

Edited by KEITHSGIANNONI

If the Embraer 175 attained a frame rate of 18 FPS, this matter would not be an issue. The plane flies well at that level. Many, many hours were used to troubleshoot the issue, including a new download from the vendor. The original file was created in 2010. It is my opinion that the program is no longer compatible with Win 7 due to the Windows updates that have been applied. A different product was recently ordered. It is hoped that decent frame rates will return. Learning the Honeywell FMC and dealing with all the new facets of flying an EJet is a slow, repetitive process. Losing the education seems wasteful.

Thanks,

Nick

I've been using the E-Jets v2 for three or four years in 2 PCs, both 64 bit Win7, one using FSX and the other P3D v2, although this is not officially supported. It has run as well as, or better than, any other equivalent add on aircraft. Obviously the actual performance will depend on each individual PC.

A possible answer to your problems may be this.

There has been discussion on other forums about Microsoft putting out so called Important Updates for Win7 and Win8, which are actually marketing and spyware. They are connected with selling the update to Windows 10, and they load processes onto the PC which then run unannounced, feeding information to Microsoft, and using significant resources. People have complained about computers slowing down while in use. This would be most apparent when using demanding software like FSX with add on aircraft. It seems to have particularly affected people who have allowed automatic updates to Windows, rather than being selective.

If you do some searching on other forums you'll find lists of the download numbers causing problems. Then check the Download History on your PC and remove the problem updates. Note: these are not Security Updates. Removing them does not cause any other issues with Windows, however Microsoft are being very sneaky and keep re issuing some of them, still labelled as Important Updates.

I only load Important Security updates and check the purpose of anything else before downloading and I have not experienced any slowdown.

jbee.

Jbee-

That is some excellent information. I will investigate.

In the meantime, I received Wilco's E-jets series on CD Rom. It is apparently identical to the BMTmicro program I was using. The frame rates from the beginning increased to about 15 FPS. Whatever caused me to check the compatibility tab on Properties for the icon, it was set at Win 7 compatibility. I asked myself what would happen if I unchecked the box and ran without compatibility. To my surprise the frame rates jumped to 25. In the "unlimited" frame rate settings, frame rates of 35 were appearing. Out of curiosity, do you have compatibility enabled and, if so, set to what.

Thanks,

Nick

Are you using Megascenery? I'm sure you have read the instruction manual that details the settings in FSX and the settings for your Video card. I always make sure that the Lod_Radius is 7.5 in the fsx.cfg file. Megasecenery also suggests this tweak. It will probably help with any add-on scenery.:

PhotoScenery such as MegaSceneryEarth is the most performance demanding add-on you can add to your FSX and Bojote's Tweaking and Tuning Tool for FSX optimizes your photoscenery display performance.

You can visit the page here: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

I also use Primo Cach for L2 caching. It seems to help.

Nick