The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC will not work in FSX now, had no problems before!

Hi,

Loaded up FSX on Windows 10 once again as I have done many times before. On the select aircraft page I chose the PMDG 737/8 NG after not flying it for a while (6 months+), I've been using the default 737 whilst flying for my Virtual Airline, the aircraft appeared on screen, then I received this message on the loading screen, in a separate box.

Now, I assumed that it was referring to the PMDG model I was trying to load, so I entered the activation code for that. After entering that info I got dumped onto the desktop and now FSX will not allow me to fly using FSUIPC.

I am able to fly all A/C in FSX, but not able to use FSUIPC which is a problem for me as I need it for my PIREP reports to my VA.

I am using an unregistered version.

This is the contents of the FSUIPC Log file :-

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=0E760000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
DebugStatus=0
      141 System time = 01/11/2015 00:00:55
      156 FLT UNC path = "\\ALIEN\Users\p\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      156 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      437 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      437 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     2203 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     2203 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2203 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     2234 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
     2234 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    15078 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\B737-800WL.AIR
   114516 Weather Mode now = Real World
   147391 System time = 01/11/2015 00:03:22
   147391 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I know you are going to say that I should be using the latest version, as this one is not supported anymore, but I didn't realise that there was a new one, as I download my files from Flightsim.com and that version is 4.60.

I have since downloaded version 4947j, but that didn't improve anything.

Do you need any more information?

Cheers

Gunu

Loaded up FSX on Windows 10 once again as I have done many times before. On the select aircraft page I chose the PMDG 737/8 NG after not flying it for a while (6 months+), I've been using the default 737 whilst flying for my Virtual Airline, the aircraft appeared on screen, then I received this message on the loading screen, in a separate box.

attachicon.giffxs pmdg activate.jpg

Now, I assumed that it was referring to the PMDG model I was trying to load, so I entered the activation code for that. After entering that info I got dumped onto the desktop and now FSX will not allow me to fly using FSUIPC.

Well, there's absolutely no relationship whatsoever between that and FSUIPC.

I am using an unregistered version.

This is the contents of the FSUIPC Log file 

I know you are going to say that I should be using the latest version, as this one is not supported anymore, but I didn't realise that there was a new one, as I download my files from Flightsim.com and that version is 4.60.

I have since downloaded version 4947j, but that didn't improve anything.

Apart from it being a VERY old version, the Log proves that it is running fine, at least up to the point you closed FS. What exactly is the problem? What do you means by "FSX will not allow me to fly using FSUIPC"? How is it stopping you?

And if you submit any more logs please make sure they are ONLY for a supported version.

Pete

Hi Pete,

The file I downloaded was what I thought to be version 4.9, but it was actually 4.6.

You need to update the file on Flightsim.com.

How can you rant at people when the most up to date version on Flightsim.com is 4.6?

Anyways, after some searching, I downloaded version 4.9 from schiratti.com and that seems to load into FSX ok, so far...........

Still doesn't explain why version 4.6 just stopped loading/working! Used it for years with no issues.

Cheers

Gunu

You need to update the file on Flightsim.com.

How can you rant at people when the most up to date version on Flightsim.com is 4.6?

Flightsim.com has no business supplying old versions. I have no control over that website, it is nothing to do with me or FSUIPC. The only legitimate suppliers for my programs are here, in Download Links subforum, or on Mr. Enrico Schiratti's site -- that is his but he links to here.

The links on the sales sire here at SimMarket are to the Schiratti site.

Ok, got it sorted.

Here is another pic.

That definitely relates to it!

That's the occasionally occurring timing bug in the SimConnect loader, which is well documented as detailed in the FAQ subforum  -- see the thread entitled "fsx fails to run after fsuipc4 first installed". It is not in FSUIPC, it occurs before FSUIPC has even started.

You should use the Installer in any case. 4.947j was an interim update supplied in another thread here for some other specific testing. The current release is 4.948 and you need to run the Installer if you are updating from such an old version!

Pete