The simFlight Network Forums

One Last Message for Pete

Pete,

I tried sending you a message since you closed my first thread, but it didn't work so I'll post it here.

I sincerely apologize for arguing with you on my post. I'm just having trouble understanding what you're saying. For example, I still don't get how FSX, FSUIPC, and SimConnect could have closed normally. The simulator crashed for some reason, which I'm unaware of at this point, besides a suspicion of being in the menus. Perhaps explaining in the simplest of terms, as if I were a young child would help. Anyway, if you could take a look at my update from my most recent post before you locked the thread and respond, that would be much appreciated.

To reiterate, trying repeatedly to open FSX hasn't solved the timing issue. There is still no new FSUIPC log, or a new SimConnect log. I got two Windows crash logs unrelated to FSUIPC, which you can't help with. Would it be worth trying some of the methods in the FAQ forums to solve the timing error besides repetition?

Either way, I will take all the information to the FSX CTD forum at AVSIM, as you suggested. It's a shame you couldn't help, but that's not your fault. Apparently I have another issue that is not FSUIPC related, which is out of your realm. I'll report back if something else comes up in the meantime. Thanks,

Mark

For example, I still don't get how FSX, FSUIPC, and SimConnect could have closed normally. The simulator crashed for some reason, which I'm unaware of at this point, besides a suspicion of being in the menus. Perhaps explaining in the simplest of terms, as if I were a young child would help.

To reiterate, trying repeatedly to open FSX hasn't solved the timing issue. There is still no new FSUIPC log, or a new SimConnect log. I got two Windows crash logs unrelated to FSUIPC, which you can't help with. Would it be worth trying some of the methods in the FAQ forums to solve the timing error besides repetition?

Either way, I will take all the information to the FSX CTD forum at AVSIM, as you suggested. It's a shame you couldn't help, but that's not your fault. Apparently I have another issue that is not FSUIPC related, which is out of your realm. I'll report back if something else comes up in the meantime. Thanks,

Mark

All I said was that the FSUIPC log clearly showed that FSUIPC was asdked, by FSX, to close normally. This is what happens when the FS session itself is being closed. If FS had crashed before this then FSUIPC could not possibly have logged the fact that it was closing. It would be a logical impossibility! Surely you can see that?

If FS crashed when it was closing, then that is not the same as crashing in mid-flight as you claimed. If you didn't voluntarily close FS then something else did, of which you were evidently unaware.

There is no way I can explain this simple fact in any more basic terms. Sorry if English is so strange to you, but perhaps you know someone who can understand English better?

Anyway, if you could take a look at my update from my most recent post before you locked the thread and respond, that would be much appreciated.

I actually answered the last post before I locked the thread.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution to your problems.

Pete

That makes sense, actually. Apparently something asked FSX to close. I don't know what, which is what I'll try to find out at AVSIM.

English is my native language. I have no trouble understanding. I'm good to go now that you explained again.

One last thing, and please don't take this the wrong way, but you actually never responded to my update, only the points where I argued with you. Would it be worth trying other solutions detailed in the FAQ forum besides repeatedly trying to open FSX to solve the timing issue? This may be out of your realm since it's not exactly FSUIPC related, which I understand. Thanks again,

Mark

One last thing, and please don't take this the wrong way, but you actually never responded to my update, only the points where I argued with you. Would it be worth trying other solutions detailed in the FAQ forum besides repeatedly trying to open FSX to solve the timing issue? This may be out of your realm since it's not exactly FSUIPC related, which I understand. Thanks again,

I didn't see an "update", but I'm sorry, I don't have any certain opinions on how to resolve your problems. It does sound like a serious installation problem with FS -- maybe textures or scenery files, but with such a varied way of crashing, reporting different modules each time, it could equally be failing memory hardware or bad processor overclocking. In your position I would probably try reinstalling FS completely to start with.

Pete

Just real quick, I would assume that includes uninstalling first?

Probably best. But if you h

Just real quick, I would assume that includes uninstalling first?

That would be usual, yes, but if you have enough disk space you could just try renaming the current FSX folder and doing a straight install instead. I usually do that so i can then move stuff across or compare files.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm back. I tried deleting everything out of the Modules folder, replacing fsx.cg, replacing scenery.cfg, and probably something else. Just now I tried repairing FSX, which gave an issue with simport.dll. I solved this by then repairing FSX Acceleration.Just as a note, I have FSX Gold. Now I'm back to the same problem where I can't run FSX and FSUIPC. This time, both fatal crashes gave an error report with FSUIPC4.dll as the faulting module. Here's what they said:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll, version: 4.9.4.8, time stamp: 0x56378f44
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001e2f7
Faulting process id: 0x1c94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d128c7bd55554a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll
Report Id: 2991c38a-94bb-11e5-82cc-008cfaab31b3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I think I may try uninstalling Acceleration, repairing FSX, and reinstalling Acceleration.