The simFlight Network Forums

FSX/P3Dv1.4 -- Steering tiller

I config a tiller from SIMQUIP with your system .

http://www.simquip.com/Products/Airbus/A%20flight%20controls/A%20flightcontrols.html

The tiller is working fine , but not when pusback  !!

You mean the FS pushback? I think that isn't dependent upon the rudder, which is what the FSUIPC tiller uses. Same probably for other pushback programs. I think they use a method akin to slewing.

Pete

Your soft "steering tiller" is working fine only advancing, not retreating : correct ?

It acts like the FS rudder control, because it is using the FS rudder control!

Since FSX there are steering controls built into FS itself:

STEERING DEC

STEERING INC

STEERING SET

That last will be like an axis control, using the parameter -16384 to +16383.

FSUIPC doesn't use these newer controls in order to maintain compatibility with earlier simulators and folks' settings, but by all means try them. However, I'm pretty sure that FS's push-back is artificial, like slewing. it isn't very likely to be steerable.

If you have enough reverse thrust you can get some aircraft to move backwards. The rudder/steering might work then, though the added resistance will probably stop the reverse motion.

Pete