The simFlight Network Forums

AI Zapper - adding more parameters?

Hi, I have been browsing threads here and have studied the 'Advanced Users' pdf on this subject, but have not found the answer I was looking for.

I find the 'zapper' (I mostly use the function to clear the nearest aircraft, not the 'all' version) to be a most useful tool, worth the FSUIPC registration in itself!  What I would like to do though is to add a parameter which would increase the spread (angle) on the ground in which it will operate. At the moment the tool works if you are pointed more or less directly at the AI a/c to be removed, but when coming into an occupied gate (for instance) it would be good to be able to remove the AI traffic there before your user aircraft is pointing directly at it (by which time one is often almost upon its tail, if not actually encroaching upon its fuselage!), say at a 45o angle right or left, (or less). Maybe I have my settings wrong (though I have added nothing as yet to the ini file)??

Or would the ZapCylinderAltDiff value work for this on the ground? The pdf says it is 'added  to  change  the mode  of  the airborne Zapper'...

Apologies in advance if I have missed this information somewhere!

Reagrds,

Martin.

Hi, I have been browsing threads here and have studied the 'Advanced Users' pdf on this subject, but have not found the answer I was looking for.

I find the 'zapper' (I mostly use the function to clear the nearest aircraft, not the 'all' version) to be a most useful tool, worth the FSUIPC registration in itself!  What I would like to do though is to add a parameter which would increase the spread (angle) on the ground in which it will operate. At the moment the tool works if you are pointed more or less directly at the AI a/c to be removed, but when coming into an occupied gate (for instance) it would be good to be able to remove the AI traffic there before your user aircraft is pointing directly at it (by which time one is often almost upon its tail, if not actually encroaching upon its fuselage!), say at a 45o angle right or left, (or less). Maybe I have my settings wrong (though I have added nothing as yet to the ini file)??

Or would the ZapCylinderAltDiff value work for this on the ground? The pdf says it is 'added  to  change  the mode  of  the airborne Zapper'...

No, the cylinder option is different and wouldn't do what you want.

I'll take a look at a width option.

Pete

I'll take a look at a width option.

Okay, please try this version and let me know if it works (i won't have time to test properly till the weekend):

FSUIPC4948d_TEST.zip

In this the Traffic Zapper control can have a parameter as follows:

Ground

0 (default) == 15 degree deviation either way, as before

1               == 30 degree deviation either way

2               == 45 degree deviation either way

3               == 60 degree deviation either way

4               == 75 degree deviation either way

Air

0 (default) ==  2.5 degree width either way, as before

1               ==  5.0 degree deviation either way

2               ==  7.5 degree deviation either way

3               == 10.0 degree deviation either way

4               == 12.5 degree deviation either way

Hope this meets your needs. Please test and let me know.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Hi Pete,

What I failed to mentionin my original post, and I do apologise, is that I was talking about FS9. I do have FSX but hardly ever fly it and consequently often never even think about it as an option! As I rarely fly FSX, I do not have a registered copy of FSUIPC for that sim, so I guess I cannot test the dll file. I am sure that, assuming it works, it will be very welcome to many people.

If you were able to produce a similar dll file for fs9 at some stage, for which I do of course have a registered version of FSUIPC, I would be grateful and could test it immediately.

Best wishes,

Martin

Hi Pete,

What I failed to mentionin my original post, and I do apologise, is that I was talking about FS9. I do have FSX but hardly ever fly it and consequently often never even think about it as an option! As I rarely fly FSX, I do not have a registered copy of FSUIPC for that sim, so I guess I cannot test the dll file. I am sure that, assuming it works, it will be very welcome to many people.

If you were able to produce a similar dll file for fs9 at some stage, for which I do of course have a registered version of FSUIPC, I would be grateful and could test it immediately.

Sorry, there's no longer any way I can develop FSUIPC3.  FS9 is now 12 years old and I've changed development systems several times in that period. I just don't have the tools to work with it, nor, I'm afraid, the interest at all. The improvements still occurring in FS developments -- FSX-SE, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 -- are filling my time and PCs as it is.

Pete

Okay, please try this version and let me know if it works (i won't have time to test properly till the weekend):

FSUIPC4948d_TEST.zip

In this the Traffic Zapper control can have a parameter as follows:

Ground

0 (default) == 15 degree deviation either way, as before

1               == 30 degree deviation either way

2               == 45 degree deviation either way

3               == 60 degree deviation either way

4               == 75 degree deviation either way

Air

0 (default) ==  2.5 degree width either way, as before

1               ==  5.0 degree deviation either way

2               ==  7.5 degree deviation either way

3               == 10.0 degree deviation either way

4               == 12.5 degree deviation either way

Hope this meets your needs. Please test and let me know.

Pete

Thanks Pete, works flawlessly

• 1 year later...

Hi Pete

I tried to download the file but it's gone. Would it be possible to provide a file which works with Version 5.1.0.107?

The newest version (5.1.2.101) Version of FSUIPC was causing problems with wide FS on my system. (P3D stopped working on exit everytime, with other version no problems...)

Many Thanks

Flavio

2 hours ago, Hawkeye_CH said:

I tried to download the file but it's gone.

What file?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye_CH said:

I tried to download the file but it's gone.

There's been no change to anything related to WideFS since FSUIPC5 was first released!

The currently supported version of FSUIPC5 is 5.121b, not 5.121a (per your reference to 5.1.2.101). It that is giving you preoblens then they need to be resolved. Retreating to an earlier version helps no one. I can only develop forwards, not backwards!

BTW you added your post to a thread which is almost two years (TWO YEARS!) old! You are lucky I found it. And your post relates to P3D4 whereas the previous ones were concerned with primarily with FSX, which uses FSUIPC4 not FSUIPC5!

Pete