The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3 Beta

Hi Everyone

The beta program for STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3 is now ready to roll.  If you would like to participate and already have a copy of STB for Prepar3D V1 or V2, please contact me.  I'll also reach out to those whom already have expressed an interest, however again please contact me if you don't hear from me and you were expecting to.  My records sometimes get out of date and I'm sorry if I overlook you.

Note we don't expect to release a finished version before Prepar3D V3.1 is released.  This will be a significant test of the brave new world for product updates, so I want to be sure STB is ready for it.

Thanks
Simon

For the beta testers:

I dived in to V3.1 this evening, simply by uninstalling the 3.0 client component only followed by installing 3.1.  It all seemed to go very smoothly, the only thing not working so far is Orbx ObjectFlow which is well understood and documented elsewhere.

Moving on to STB V3.4 Beta, that also seemed to work fine with P3D V3.1.  No problems connecting, viewing AI, etc.  I've not tried STB-DS, but it should work just fine also.  The one problem that did emerge is a new build of the STB Simulator Plugin is required, as the ordinals for "Delete AI" have moved around again.  If you try Delete AI or anything that relies on Delete AI such as approach control, you'll probably get a simulator crash.

I'm working on a fix, and hope to have something out there tomorrow before my Christmas break starts.

Simon

Simon,

Since you're back, the beta plus the few files to patch the "PATH=" issue seem to work great in P3d 3.1. It looks to me that when I installed the RealAir Turbine Duke with the new P3d V3 installer, it rewrote simobjects.cfg and made the text for the entries all caps. I have a few older versions of the file and this definitely is the cause.

Jay

Hi Simon,

my first impressions with the beta;
i've used the STB on local machine and the installer worked flawless.
With traffic slider at 100 % the STB run at the best following all the sheduled planes with several external views switching without any issue.
Just a consideration, could be a great improvement to have the STB windows trasparent as the new P3D V3 menus, I think itcan be achieved
without major problems ,what do you think about ?
The only issue that i've noted is that while iì'm following an AI flight listen to its ATC communications, if i switch to another flight sometimes i was not able to listen the ATC anymore.
I 'm wrong on something or is an issue for real ?

Well i proceed to some new test flights and i will report soon to you.

Thanks

Massimiliano

(click to zoom )

stb.jpg

Edited by Kulbit

All reports are welcome, however long or short!  Thanks everyone. 

There should be a minor beta update in the next few days, which may represent our release candidate.

simon

Me too, STBDS on server and STB on client, can't find anything to complain about. In fact, stability is much improved. Previously, if I jumped around more than about 3 times things would get out of sync. Now I can't seem to break it. Also appreciate the yellow highlight line no longer bouncing around every time a new flight enters the bubble.

C

All reports are welcome, however long or short!  Thanks everyone. 

There should be a minor beta update in the next few days, which may represent our release candidate.

simon

Could you check on something for me? Normally, STB only shows nearby airports in its list. For some reason, my installation of the latest beta has persistence, in that if I move from one part of the world to the next, some airports persist in the list. It might be just on my end, though."List Airports beyond reality bubble" is unchecked.

Just back after a few days away, will have a look at both the Listen AI and airport list observations.

One thing to note about listen AI, ATC with AI seems to operate over a similar "reality bubble" to the model itself.  In other words, you can't always hear the communications with another aircraft that's far away from you.  Perhaps something to do with real world transmitter range?  In any case, so long as you can switch between say all departures and arrivals within a few miles of your current position, all should be good.

Simon

Could you check on something for me? Normally, STB only shows nearby airports in its list. For some reason, my installation of the latest beta has persistence, in that if I move from one part of the world to the next, some airports persist in the list. It might be just on my end, though."List Airports beyond reality bubble" is unchecked.

I wasn't able to reproduce this.  I started at KSEA with KSEA selected and a number of other airports in the pull down list.  Then I moved to EGBB, and the list revised itself straight away.  KSEA was the only left over as that was selected as the "active airport" in STB, but as soon as I switched STB to look at EGBB all memory of KSEA was gone.

Can you provide a specific scenario with screenshots please so I can try to find this one.  So far no other reports received.  If I can't reproduce it, we'll need to do a trae.

Thanks

Simon

The only issue that i've noted is that while iì'm following an AI flight listen to its ATC communications, if i switch to another flight sometimes i was not able to listen the ATC anymore.

I 'm wrong on something or is an issue for real ?

I noticed today I couldn't in fact hear any ATC communications in P3D V3.1.  With the ATC window the usual commands were present, but no text reflecting the chatter that should have been occurring.  Very strange, there were many movements all requiring ATC!  The only thing I can say is I saw the COM1 frequency changing during listen AI, which suggests STB is tracking the frequency changes between the AI and the controllers.  So it's working under the covers, but on top something's missing on my PC.

Simon

I have switched back and forth between several flights and see the com switch, hear the ATC and AI response as well as the corresponding text in the ATC window. Sorry to report everything is working on my setup.  :razz:  :cool:  :razz:

One suggestion though: The takeoff flap settings are too extreme, in most instances full. Could you drop and reset them all closer to more subtle TO settings?

C

I have switched back and forth between several flights and see the com switch, hear the ATC and AI response as well as the corresponding text in the ATC window. Sorry to report everything is working on my setup.  :razz:  :cool:  :razz:

One suggestion though: The takeoff flap settings are too extreme, in most instances full. Could you drop and reset them all closer to more subtle TO settings?

C

Which AI package is showing the problem?  I've not noticed, but haven't really been paying attention to it.

Simon

I'm using MyTrafficProfessional 6.0a (beta5).  It is of course user configurable so it's no big thing but I just thought you might want to set the flaps from say, 4 to 3 as a default, at least on the Boeings and Airbi.

STBDS 3.4.0.5 is correct. 

There was a client side 3.4.0.5 but it failed validation as somewhere along the way we lost the scroll bars on the main screen.  Just to avoid my own internal confusion the client became STB 3.4.0.6 with the scroll bars fixed.  However as STB-DS was not affected it was not rebuilt.  Of course if that's confuses everyone I will change it, but it's not uncommon for STB and STB-DS to be out of step for version numbers.

Simon

Which reminds me....  There is a new beta version, perhaps the final beta just released.  Existing testers should have received the details, but if you have not please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

This is what the new feature for "Window Transparency" looks like in action.  The quantity of transparency is set through the settings notebook.  I actually found this really useful during testing!

post-12182-0-89112000-1451943626_thumb.p

Well,

the new Beta version is really a great improvement over all.

Transparency allows to follow the traffic without losing anything of what is happening in the scene.

The flaps rate seems to be much real and adequate.

i'm using Traffic 360 and the ATC issue is the same noticed by Simon in the upper post.

By the way the STB beta works at its best.

Immagine.jpg

Very nice picture, thank you.  One of many things sorted out in Prepar3D is the window compatibility with .net applications.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't do this kind of thing in FSX, overlaying a .net window on top of the FSX window.

Simon

Hi

The beta must be given time to complete of course.  If I've not received any reports of major problems by the weekend, I can move on to the publishing phase.  At that point it depends on how fast each shop can turn it around and I can't speak for them, but I would hope we are talking about next week.

Simon

After two days of test flights with the most different conditions of traffic rates nothing to report but a perfect flawless running program !!

Hi

The beta must be given time to complete of course.  If I've not received any reports of major problems by the weekend, I can move on to the publishing phase.  At that point it depends on how fast each shop can turn it around and I can't speak for them, but I would hope we are talking about next week.

Simon

Simon,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do this.

Paul

STB V3.4 for Prepar3D V3 has now completed beta and is ready to enter the publishing phase.  This will take time so please be patient, and I will update here as soon as I notice it go live at each store.  If you really can't wait I understand, please contact me with details of your STB for Prepar3D V2 purchase and I'll arrange a download for you.

Just a reminder that STB V3.4 is for Prepar3D V3 only.  It will not work with any other versions of Prepar3D, nor FSX.  It is available free of charge to customers whom have purchased STV 3.3 for Prepar3D V2, and is an additional product rather than a replacement of earlier versions.

My sincere thanks go to the beta team for their participation and expert analysis of the product.  Without the exposure to a wide range of systems and user experiences I really could not go forward, thank you again for helping to make the product all that it is today. 

Simon