The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diceflo

Ghost Planes?

Hi, I am using an ai traffic program for p3d v2 and I just noticed a strange thing. I noticed that Jet2 is listed in the STB traffic list but always shows as scheduled. I have looked around the airport and there are no jet2 planes around. I have latest afcads and specifically just bought manchester scenery to see jet2 planes. But they never change to active and I never see them on approach or departure either.

Today I tried out the approach now command and poof the jet2 plane appeared. I have now done approach now for other jet2 planes and they all show up. I have never seen this before and I have been a loyal user for years. Have you ever seen these "ghost planes" appear.

Thanks,

cj

I am familiar with this kind of thing.  When an aircraft is listed as "scheduled", it means the aircraft compiler found it in one of your traffic BGLs but the aircraft has yet to show up for real in the simulator.  This may be because:

1) For departures, there's insufficient parking spots to meet aircraft requirements.  Only an AFD change or schedule reorganisation can fix that.

2) For departures, the operating aircraft is expected to be an "arrival" first before being turned around as a departure, however it has not yet landed and parked at a gate to become a real departure.  This is the most common occurance.

3) There's some kind of AI configuration problem (e.g. errors in aircraft.cfg etc).  However since you can create these with "Approach Now", it suggests the AI configuration is good.

4) There have been changes to your traffic BGLs or scenery library meaning the STB database is no longer up to date with the simulator.  Please recompile the airports database.

5) STB is unable to read your traffic sliders, so may be presenting a schedule that is not representitive of your current settings.  Please check you have STBServer/STB Sim Plugin listed in the "Addons" pull down menu in the simulator.

6) Other unknown reasons in the simulator.

Please work through the above and see if one of the ideas makes a difference.

Simon

well darn, I guess I am left with choice number 6. I have the latest afcad for EGCC and I have run compile airports and make runways (several times) so it's not that. I can see the plane when i use depart now or arrive now and the airline also shows up in the settings objects tab. The plug in for STB is in the addons pull down menu so it all seems kind of weird.

It's probably my ai traffic program so I will go back to world of ai and place them all into p3d one by one. what fun that will be.

thanks

The only other thing I can fix off is to get the traffic toolbox set up, and see if the planes are showing up there.  If they are in the toolbox and not showing up in STB, that gives us something to work with.  If they don't show up in the toolbox either, we are stuck with number 6 or some problem in the schedule BGLs driving number 6.

Simon

uh oh, i have never ever ever ever got traffic toolbox in prepar3d v2. I don't know what it is because there are so many help sites out there and it never works out. Been trying forever!. I think that I will just install jet2 from world of ai and any other airlines that my ai program is missing. Seems like a much better option and less painful too.

Hi bosmass,

This goes in your dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.1.2.15831\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Obviously the <Path> statement has to point to wherever you have your SDK and the versions must agree but all else is the same.

Cheers,

Clayton

Thank you, I have all that and it still doesn't work. No big loss and I would rather not alter things. Everything works well so no need to risk losing that. I also just installed jet2 from world of ai so that should suffice. I wish someone would make a good ai program from p3d even if it's payware and I can't tell you how much I miss world of ai.

Someone does make an excellent AI Traffic program for P3D, his name is Burkhard Renk and it is called MyTraffic.  What are you using?

Mostly World Of Ai and others but  I am aware of Mytraffic, The models just look so different from World Of Ai and that is more important to me. Mytraffic does have everything I want, but maybe when the models are better. Thanks