The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic Professional 6.0a

Burkhard    19

Finally the newest Version of MyTraffic for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D is available.

New costumors to MyTraffic will autmatically get version 6.0a as from now. For earlier costumors of MyTraffic 6, an incremental update is available, please see below.

What is new compared to version 6 are 46 more types, 13 more all new Airports, new schedules, and a lot of little fixes.

MyTraffic Professional 6 continues to be published by Simflight, and will be supported on this forum.

Burkhard    19

An incremental update for existing and working installations of MyTraffic 6.0 can be downloaded for free from

http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU60a.zip

This archive contains two files, the installer is an executable, called MTXU60a.exe. Please place this file into the folder where you installed MyTraffic, typically into “MyTraffic Professional”. Do not place it into the MyTraffic working folder, which is typically “MyTraffic Professional/MyTraffic”. Do not apply this update to any MyTraffic version before 6.0! Do not apply this update if you consider your MyTraffic setup broken!

Now, make a double click to the installer, it will not pose any question and install its files into the MyTraffic folder, converting it from version 6.0 to version 6.0a. That’s all – start your sim, it will take some time due to the scenery changes, and then operate as usual – enjoy!

To verify that the installation went well, please check that the operation manual manual\MyTraffic_Operation_Manual.pdf shows 6.0a as version number.

If this check still shows an earlier version, this signals that you do not have full control over the MyTraffic folder. In this case, try:

Right click to MTXU60a.exe, and select “Run as administrator”.

A special note for users of Prepar3D V3 and have a MyTraffic Verison 6.0:

Plaease install 6.0 and than this update to 6.0a - now the Communicator will support you to localize P3D V3 and to manage the Settings of P3D V3.

It is not necessary that you apply the patch to 6.0 before you update to 6.0a, these fixes are included. do not apply that patch after update.

If you installed the public beta, this update will overwrite it, so there is no need to undo it or make a fresh install.

jamesyboy    0

Thanks for the update Burkhard.  I look forward to downloading it and trying it out.

But if I may ask a question before installation.  Do I need to remove Beta application versions 2-5 before installation?

Regards.

James

tex99999    0

Hi Burkhard,

First of all Thank you for this. CYTZ (Final Approach Sims) was empty until today. Now it is full of DH8's FULL (seems like too many).

The only problem is now, with MY Traffic activated in the scenery library, I have 2 CN tours etc. De-activated I have one but still have traffic? 

Any ideas?

Jon

Burkhard    19

@jamesboy:

If you installed the public beta, this update will overwrite it, so there is no need to undo it or make a fresh install.

@tex99999

If you have two active versions of the airport, decativate one. But the traffic you see has nothing to do with the airport, the airport only sets how the traffic is handled, not what arrives and leaves. 

tex99999    0

Good evening Burkhard,

I only have one version - and it does not affect downtown Toronto. I did accidently run the installer in the wrong place first and then the correct place (on remote drives). After deleting the original folder (only updates - no 6.0 base) the problem remains.  

Jon

scnrfrq    1

Good evening Burkhard,

I only have one version - and it does not affect downtown Toronto. I did accidently run the installer in the wrong place first and then the correct place (on remote drives). After deleting the original folder (only updates - no 6.0 base) the problem remains.  .

Jon

Sounds like you might have 2 MyTraffic Scenery folders active? Since you ran the install twice, it may have installed 2 MyTraffic folders, which would have included 2 Scenery folders. This could produce 2 airports on top of each other maybe. Just a thought.

tex99999    0

I have deleted everything and reinstalled - Still duplicate Toronto downtowns when My Traffic is enabled. My traffic shouldn't install "scenery"??

Jon

It appears that Migration tool was running in the background and was "auto repairing" the simobjects.cfg and possibly the scenery.cfg - adding duplicate entries. Still doesn't explain the double downtown Toronto but its working perfectly now and I'm not changing anything more...for now :razz: .

Thanks

Jon   

scnrfrq    1

I have deleted everything and reinstalled - Still duplicate Toronto downtowns when My Traffic is enabled. My traffic shouldn't install "scenery"??

Jon

It appears that Migration tool was running in the background and was "auto repairing" the simobjects.cfg and possibly the scenery.cfg - adding duplicate entries. Still doesn't explain the double downtown Toronto but its working perfectly now and I'm not changing anything more...for now :razz: .

Thanks

Jon   

FYI - MyTraffic does install various airports scenery in the Scenery folder. If you have other custom airports installed that duplicate the ones in the Scenery folder, you need to delete one or the other, or the airports will conflict. I've run into this situation several times.

manico    0

Hello!

I will install new Mytraffic6.0a, I uninstalled P3DV3 ans installed P3DV3.1, I would like to download new Mytraffic installer but I bought it on Simmarket; it's the good .exe on Simmarket? 

scnrfrq    1

Hello!

I will install new Mytraffic6.0a, I uninstalled P3DV3 ans installed P3DV3.1, I would like to download new Mytraffic installer but I bought it on Simmarket; it's the good .exe on Simmarket? 

Burkhard will have to tell you if it's on Simmarket yet. Just make sure your install shows 6.0a.

rhyslegge    0

It's confirmed that Simmarket has the new installer. Installed per included instructions and all is well. Thanks for the update and all the work to bring us some AI traffic to V3!

falcon1    0

I got very exited when I read there's a new version of MyTraffic 6, because I was sure that it would have a brand new a "one click" installer, but sadly no. I never got MyT6 to work in FSX because I fiound it way to difficult to understand how to install it properly. And I just installed P3D 3, but won't dare try to get MyT6 to run in it afraid that I may mess up my P3D. So I guess MyT6 will remain on "the shelf" for now. Maybe when version 10 is out, will we have a decent, easy to install and mange ai programme, but for now...No, thanks.

Jorn

mac22    0

Burkhard

Thank for the great news - I installed and got working one of the beta's in my P3dv3 - so I will install the incremental update as usual - but do I need to run any of the setup processes again in the communicator or should I leave it untouched and it will still work?

scnrfrq    1

Burkhard

Thank for the great news - I installed and got working one of the beta's in my P3dv3 - so I will install the incremental update as usual - but do I need to run any of the setup processes again in the communicator or should I leave it untouched and it will still work?

I have FSX, not P3d, but all I did was choose the Summer 2015 Schedules again just to be sure.

mac22    0

scn thanks for the reply - actually i didn't actually choose a schedule when i configured it originally! so all i really need to so is run the install and select the 2015 schedule and it should work?

scnrfrq    1

scn thanks for the reply - actually i didn't actually choose a schedule when i configured it originally! so all i really need to so is run the install and select the 2015 schedule and it should work?

Yep, that's all I did.

scnrfrq    1

I got very exited when I read there's a new version of MyTraffic 6, because I was sure that it would have a brand new a "one click" installer, but sadly no. I never got MyT6 to work in FSX because I fiound it way to difficult to understand how to install it properly. And I just installed P3D 3, but won't dare try to get MyT6 to run in it afraid that I may mess up my P3D. So I guess MyT6 will remain on "the shelf" for now. Maybe when version 10 is out, will we have a decent, easy to install and mange ai programme, but for now...No, thanks.

Jorn

I agree it can be confusing. But I look at it as kind of a self-contained program now, At least with FSX, it's not installed in the FSX folder, so it can't really hurt anything. You just install it wherever you want, and then do backups of it from one version to another. If there's problems, you just remove it from the Scenery Library and work on it.

mac22    0

scn just trying the 2015 schedule now - also do you happen to know what the default schedule is in case I want to revert back (also there appear to be some unusual schedules such as dx9 and also one for P3D (which I am using) what does it all mean? and which is it best to select if your running P3dV3?)

scnrfrq    1

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the default schedues are Spring, 2015, when MT 6 was released. The Summer 2015 are the most current, and would match the current real-life schedules the closest.

I'm not using P3D, so I can't help you on that. There is a forum topic here that might help:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/151-mytraffic-for-prepar3d/