The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
holi

Error message after update P3Dv3.1

Hi Simon,

today I updated via Simmarket my Installation to STB_3.4.0.6_Prepar3D_V3.

Installed as Admin and went through the wizard.

Checked the entry in the DLL.xml and started P3Dv3.1.

When starting the STB an error message occured and STB closed.

I tried both version STB on the P3D machine and on a remote computer. Both failed to connect to P3D

See the screenshot of the error message.

Your help would be appreciated!

post-2597-0-86224400-1453280648_thumb.jp

The error message tells me you are not configured correctly, STB does not know the computer name where STB-DS is running.  Please go through the configuration wizards again for both STB and STB-DS.  I'd be suprised if you saw the above message if you tried STB on the same computer as Prepar3D, as STB-DS is not used in that scenario.  It sounds like you have two different problems.

Simon

Simon,

I re-ran the wizard twice now, no success!

I de-installed the STB for P3dv2 and the Data server for P3D v2 and finally I re-installed the STB for P3Dv3 only fresh!

Did the wizard at the beginning and tried again.

No success! STB is not connecting to P3D v3.1

see screenshots in sequence....

post-2597-0-82103700-1453290800_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-96634600-1453290820.jpg

post-2597-0-33349400-1453290833_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-13048700-1453290842.jpg

post-2597-0-27063900-1453290851.jpg

post-2597-0-48413100-1453290862_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-08877100-1453291134_thumb.jp

Could you check whether you have a "simconnect.cfg" file in My Documents please?  If STB finds one of those, it goes off trying to find Prepar3D on some other computer.  You shouldn't need one of those on your P3D computer, if there is one there.

Simon

Yes Simon the simconnect.cfg is there and all other Addons are working in my home cockpit!

It is just the STB which is not working!

Rgds

Your screenshots suggest you are running STB and Prepar3D on the same computer.  If that's true, STB does not support having a simconnect.cfg in my documents, as that implies you want to do the opposite and use them on separate computers.  If you are running on the same computer, I don't see the need for a simconnect.cfg for any add-on as the simconnect client knows how to find the server without help.  In fact, when I have a simconnect.cfg my Prepar3D does not work at all!  Is there a requirement from one of your other addons for the simconnect.cfg?

Simon

Simon,

I will take the cfg out and try again and report back....

I'm going to try the STB from a remote computer as well and will see if I get it running...

Simon,

After removing the simconnect.cfg I got the STB working on the same computer!

Thank you for this!

I tried to get it running on a remote coputer which failed. See the attached crash log.

Please note that ie ASN and Avliasoft EFB are running on the remote machine without problems via simconnect.

I made an additional entry into the simconnect.cfg (see attached) but it is still not connecting!

[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.2.128
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

[simConnect.1]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.2.128
Port=32123
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

Any advise would be appreciated!

crash.txt

Please remove SimConnect.1 from your simconnect.cfg, STB does not need this.  Instead it will use the default, port 500 according to the rest of your file.  In fact, port 32123 is used for quite a different purpose, to talk to STB-DS running on your simulator PC.  If you try to make SimConnect talk down the same port, it will block out STB-DS completely.

If it still does not work for you, it is still most likely a configuration error that the wizard can deal with.  But if you send me your TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.config I will advise further.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I did what you said but no success the remote STB is not connecting to the Sim.

The STB on the Sim Computer is working now, as I said before!

I re-installed STB again on the remote computer, checked the simconnect.cfg (just 1 entry with port 500)

Ran through the wizard, no success!

Please find attached the crash.txt and the requested TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe.config (had to convert it to plain text)

crash.txt

TrafficBoardFrontEnd.txt

Nothing wrong in the files so far.  What it's saying is it reached out to STB-DS but did not get a response.  So....

1) Check STB-DS really is running when you try to connect with STB

2) Check the ports match up, and STB-DS is configured with 32123 also

3) Try computer names instead of IP addresses.  For whatever reason, WCF applications tend to work better using them.

4) Send me the STBDataServer.exe.config from STB-DS on the P3D computer.

Simon

Ok, we are coming closer....

I was under the impression with the new build of STB I do not need a STB DS running on the main Computer and the new STB for V3 would direct connect to the Sim.....

Where could I download the latest STB-DS as I got only the older version for V2.5 with the hotfix for v3 which worked.

The DS was not included in the download from Simmarket...

Thank youE

Ok, we are coming closer....

I was under the impression with the new build of STB I do not need a STB DS running on the main Computer and the new STB for V3 would direct connect to the Sim.....

Where could I download the latest STB-DS as I got only the older version for V2.5 with the hotfix for v3 which worked.

The DS was not included in the download from Simmarket...

Thank youE

The user guide is quite clear, you need STB-DS.  You can download this from the same place as always, please follow the user guide from page 71 onwards. 

Background:  STB does connect directly to the simulator via SimConnect over a network.  However STB-DS is required because SimConnect cannot provide all the information an applications like STB needs.  Prepar3D has added new capabilities to SimConnect. but there is no concept of the schedule and airports database as provided via STB-DS.

Simon

Problem solved!

Thank you Simon for your help and patience and sorry for not reading the manual upto the end!

Installing the STB-DS on the main computer did it!

Rgds