The simFlight Network Forums
buzzard sydney

Can't open Heron's Nest

Got my free download of IBHN today, (thanks) downloaded it and can't open it.

Is it a zip extension, is it Rar?

Advice on what to do to open and install the download please.

Thanks

Buzz

The download should be an exe, which you can just double-click to run. Do you have your extensions turned off in Windows by any chance? Try double-clicking it to run it.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the free scenery :)

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem. I can't open it with anything.

Thanks again

Craig

Craig, do you get to the Digioh download page? It looks like the image I've attached. If so, what are you given when you click the "Download The Heron's Nest Scenery" button? It should be an executable (.exe) file.

digioh_download_screen.jpg

Thank you for the download. While I was able to download it, I can not install it. 

This may be because I have P3D v3.1 installed.

I get the following warning

This module "viva_P3D.dll" has not been tested for compatibility with the FS version you have installed.

Your FS version is 3.1.2.15831

If you run the module, it may cause problems or a crash.

Run the module now?

So I better figure out how to uninstall it and wait for the P3D v3.1 version. 

But thanks Holger I look forward to upcoming versions.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, one of our beta testers had P3D 3.1, and he found that by clicking "run once" it worked fine. I'm still waiting for an update to the viva module for P3D3. Once I get that, I'll make a new installer that includes it. In the meantime you can probably use it in your sim, you'll just have to press "run once" every time. Sorry 'bout that.

Bill

Hi guys,   you shouldn't have any problems installing,  download and go to wherever you save your downloads, look for an "icon" IBYHN100 which is an executable, single or double click and follow Bills instructions making sure you direct it to the correct sim.   It will install in the main folder not into add on scenery etc.  When starting the sim you may be asked to verify the installation, click "yes".    I advise first flight with the Trike,  Mr Womack has a wicked sense of humour, thank you Bill, great fun.

Grant

For anyone whose computer says it can't open the file, right-click on IBYHN100.exe (if you have your extensions turned off, it'll just say "IBYHN100") and compare what you see to this:

hn_exe_right-click.jpg'

Be sure that the Type of File is "Application (exe)" and that the file size matches what you see here. If the size is smaller, you have an incomplete download and will need to download it again using the link you got in your email.

Thank you Bill.

All I needed to do was type .exe at the end of the file name in the window you showed above, so working fine now - user error haha.

Thank you again for your free scenery.

Craig :)

Rolf, one of our beta testers had P3D 3.1, and he found that by clicking "run once" it worked fine. I'm still waiting for an update to the viva module for P3D3. Once I get that, I'll make a new installer that includes it. In the meantime you can probably use it in your sim, you'll just have to press "run once" every time. Sorry 'bout that.

Bill

Bill, can you tell me where this file is located.  Even though I installed into FSX Steam I still get this error in P3D for some reason.  I tried to find it but was unable to locate this file.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Have you tried installing for both Steam and P3D? If not, just run the installer again and pick whichever sim you haven't installed it yet for.

Bill