The simFlight Network Forums
davidal_2

Scenery problem: sea plane airway looks solid

Hello,

I am facing a strange problem with the scenery.

The airway at the sea plane port looks "solid and visible". I do not know a better way to explain it. I adjusted the settings according to the manual but the problem is still present.

I do not know how to attach a picture to my post.

However, I uploaded a screenshot here https://goo.gl/photos/nFpthFsQTrzAaU9U6

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Daniel

Which version of the sim are you using? I had one other user report this issue. It's an odd one, firstly because the AFCAD has the water runway set to the surface type "water", and secondly because the land runway is somehow much longer than it's supposed to be in the file. I'm still trying to track down what's causing the rare error, and knowing your sim version details would help.

thanks,

Bill

In the ADE file for 10ME, the runway surface is concrete.  That does not seem to cause a problem in P3Dv3 so the folks that are running DX10 may want to change the surface in the ADE file to water and try that.

I'm confused as to why the runway at 10ME would be listed as concrete. It was specifically set to water. In fact, here's a shot from ADE of the runway as it was installed on my system in FSX:

10ME_rwy.jpg

Bill I had changed mine to water awhile back when we were testing and the floats were getting hung up.  I am still running the last beta and the ADE is as yours.  I will down load and have a look,

Bill,

I replaced the files by the ones provided by you but the problem remains. Nothing changed.

Anyhow, I appreciate your efforts. Maybe in the future it can be fixed. Being a freeware scenery I do not think is fair to ask for more support.

Looking forward to seeing your first commercial add-on.

Thanks,

That's actually helpful, as it confirms at least that the file itself, while technically correct, is being interpreted differently by the sim than was intended. Just out of curiosity, have you tried running FSX in DX9 mode to see if it makes a difference?

Hi, Bill,

I also am experiencing this problem, and I can confirm that it occurs in DX9 mode. I have tried the alternate ADEX files you provided, and this made no difference for me, either. I run boxed FSX SP2, and I always run it in DX9 mode.

Thanks for all your help.