The simFlight Network Forums
Bill Womack

Update for Prepar3D 3.1 Users

If you're running HN in Prepar3D 3.1 and get the prompt at the beginning of each flight about viva.dll, try clicking "Check Online" now. The module's developer has informed me that the validator has been updated to include the latest P3D. Once it's been validated, you shouldn't see the prompt again.

thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I originally had two DLL's complaint on launch with P3Dv3.1 - viva.dll and vivaP3D.dll - the check online updates worked for the last one... I just downloaded your update - completely removed your scenery folder - launched P3D to test and the error was gone... I natal led your newer package and viva.dll still complains on startup and will not clear via "check online"... Just a heads up and thanks for your effort...

OBTW : just noticed one of Arno's tutorial for sceneproc uses Nantucket as an example - lol - coincidence ?

;)

http://www.scenerydesign.org/category/nantucket/

Regards,

Scott

Hi Bill,

I originally had two DLL's complaint on launch with P3Dv3.1 - viva.dll and vivaP3D.dll - the check online updates worked for the last one... I just downloaded your update - completely removed your scenery folder - launched P3D to test and the error was gone... I natal led your newer package and viva.dll still complains on startup and will not clear via "check online"... Just a heads up and thanks for your effort...

OBTW : just noticed one of Arno's tutorial for sceneproc uses Nantucket as an example - lol - coincidence ?

;)

http://www.scenerydesign.org/category/nantucket/

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

If you're using P3Dv3, the module installer shouldn't even try to install viva.dll, only vivaP3D.dll. The viva.dll module is only for FSX and FSX:SE. Not sure why it tried to insert it into your P3D installation. To get rid of the nag prompt, do this:

1. In your P3D root folder, open /iBlueYonder/Heron's Nest/Scenery/ and locate the Moduleinstaller.exe file
  2. Right-click on moduleinstaller.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"
  3. In the window that pops up, click the button that says "Uninstall Flight Simulator Module(s)". This should give you a prompt listing the modules that were uninstalled.
  4. Once that's done, click "Install Flight Simulator Module(s)".

That should remove the extra entry and get rid of the nag when you start P3D again.

By the way, Scott, the Nantucket connection is no coincidence. I was tickled when Arno chose Nantucket for his SceneProc example, and we worked on the autogen together for quite a while. The final result will no doubt be a part of the iBlueYonder KACK package.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for responding and the fine freeware - I'll give it a try next weekend when I get some time in front of my PC again...

Great news an KACK...

Regards,

Scott