The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC v 490 & buying a upgrade.

MOVED FROM "FAQ" SUBFORUM TO SUPPRT FORUM; FOR ANSWERING

Hello,

I I purchased a HOTAS Warthog, and my FSX has went crazy control-wise ever since. Added a set of rudders, and I REALLY shot my foot off :smile: I looked at my version of FSUPIC, and saw I'm at version v490. I decided to UPgrade that, before I did, I would like to 1.> what is this is the really difference between the see the two for sale. I am not catching the difference, and 2.> how DOES one upgrade. It read into the forum and people say "just delete it." I'm and ADD AND DELETE Windows guy, and so break it for me. If a FILE, where IN FSX is it. Thanks :smile:

I looked at my version of FSUPIC, and saw I'm at version v490. I decided to UPgrade that, before I did, I would like to 1.> what is this is the really difference between the see the two for sale. I am not catching the difference

Er, you want to but FSUIPC4 again?  When you buy FSUIPC you have free updates for life. You only buy it once!

Not sure what your confusion is over versions. There are more than one version of FS. Does that confuse? As it clearly says on the sales pages, FSUIPC3 is for FS9 (FS2004) and earlier (right back to fS98), and FSUIPC4 is for FSX, FSX-SE and P3D.

2.> how DOES one upgrade. It read into the forum and people say "just delete it." I'm and ADD AND DELETE Windows guy, and so break it for me. If a FILE, where IN FSX is it. Thanks  :smile: 

Where does it ever say "just delete it"? You never need to delete anything! Just download the current FSUIPC4 installer and run it. There is even a document supplied which tells you things, including where to find FSUIPC files including all of the additional goodies like User Documentation and assorted add-ons.

Versions older than the current Installer version (4.949 at present) are not supported, so before coming here for support you always first need to check you are up to date.

BTW You are lucky I saw your post as you posted into a subforum ("FAQ" -- repository for answers to frequent questions). Please always post support requests here, the support forum.

Pete