The simFlight Network Forums

Makerwys.exe - cannot access file

Good morning.

I am trying to install an add-on (FSIPanel) which, due to my lack of computer knowledge, has necessitated uninstalling and reinstalling several times. However I am now getting stuck at the point where the programme needs to update the Airports Database and I get this message:

"The process cannot access the file E:\Makerwys.exe because it is being used by another process"

I have no idea how to progress. Please help.

William

Good morning.

I am trying to install an add-on (FSIPanel) which, due to my lack of computer knowledge, has necessitated uninstalling and reinstalling several times. However I am now getting stuck at the point where the programme needs to update the Airports Database and I get this message:

"The process cannot access the file E:\Makerwys.exe because it is being used by another process"

I have no idea how to progress. Please help.

William

What is MakeRwys.exe doing in drive E: root? It needs to be run from the P3D folder.

Otherwise please address this to FSIPanel support as it sounds like they are trying to run it twice.

Pete

I have installed P3D in drive E . 

Fine. My P3D in in drive E: too, but in its own folder. Surely you haven't installed it in the root, E:\? Mine is in E:\Prepar3D. Having programs in the root of a drive can result in problems for some applications.

Maybe thenit is an instance of an incomplete uninstallation of FSIPanel?

But why would MakeRwys still be running? Does it run if you simply double click on it? Is there a copy shown as still running in Tak Manager's process list?

I think your first step is to reboot the PC, to make sure you are starting with nothing running.

Pete

Yes unfortunately I installed P3D in the root folder of E. Yes I know now that was wrong

Yes makerwys runs if I double click the exe

In task manager I could not see any reference to it running

I did earlier have it running OK in FSIPanel but another error in the connection of that add on forced a reinstall. Now the original problem is solved but the database update is causing the problem

Yes makerwys runs if I double click the exe

In task manager I could not see any reference to it running

I did earlier have it running OK in FSIPanel but another error in the connection of that add on forced a reinstall. Now the original problem is solved but the database update is causing the problem

Well, it's something in FSIpanel then. If MakeRwys can run when you tell it to, it should be fine if a program tells it to. You need FSIpanel support. Sorry.

Pete