The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS disconnection

Hello everyone,

Ihave been getting this problem for the past 2 months or so, everytime I start my FLightsim (P3Dv3.1), start WideFS after 10 to 15 minutes of my flight I get a window  stating that WideFS crashed do I want to close the program?  I do and reload WideFS, it will run again for a few minutes and crash again!  Here is a copy of my WideClient log,  hope this helps to find the solution!

********* WideClient Log [version 6.999n] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 11/02/16, Time 08:10:28.653: Client name is SLAVE-PC
      187 LUA: "F:\WideFS\Initial.LUA": not found
      218 Attempting to connect now
      218 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
      218 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
     2278 Attempting to connect now
     4321 Server = MASTER-PC
     4321 Trying TCP/IP host "MASTER-PC" port 8002 ...
     4321 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.105
     4321 Connection made okay!
     6349 New Client Application: "fsacars" (Id=7376)
   236934 Error on recv() [Error=10053] Software caused connection abort

Thanks for your help

Richard Souaid

I've moved this from the subforum dedicated to programming with the .Net DLL, as it obviously is not related.

Please always general support questions ofr FSUIPC and WideFS to the Support Forum.

Ihave been getting this problem for the past 2 months or so, everytime I start my FLightsim (P3Dv3.1), start WideFS after 10 to 15 minutes of my flight I get a window  stating that WideFS crashed do I want to close the program?  I do and reload WideFS, it will run again for a few minutes and crash again!  Here is a copy of my WideClient log,  hope this helps to find the solution!

By "WideFS" you evidently mean Wideclient? The main part of WideFS is WideServer, built into FSUIPC on the FS PC.

The line in the log you highlight is not a crash but a disconnection from the Server. There's no sign here of any crash. If you want me to investigate the crash I need the crash data from Windows (see its Event Viewer), but it actually looks to be a crash in your Network drivers, because any crash in WideClient would be trapped and logged too.

You might want to try uninstalling your Network Adapter (in Windows Device Manager), including the drivers, re-booting so it finds it again and re-establishes the drivers.

Pete