The simFlight Network Forums
Michael Copp

Heron's Nest - Mesh issues

I believe I'm having problems similar to Rolf, minus the VIVA.DLL error when starting P3D v3.1 (the viva_P3D.dll is the DLL that gets loaded from my DLL.XML file, and it seems to load fine for me. Also, my mesh is set at 5m). Here are some screenshots showing the mesh anomalies:

2016-2-22_20-14-11-846.jpg

2016-2-22_20-16-58-545.jpg

2016-2-22_20-19-7-487.jpg

Hope these help,

Michael

I'm wondering if this may be an issue with the overall selection of mesh that I'm personally using in my P3D 3.1 setup (I've got a hodgepodge of old FSGenesis FSX-era scenery, bits and pieces of freeware mesh, etc.). For those of you out there who AREN'T seeing these mesh elevation issues, could you let me know which mesh product (default or otherwise) you're using?

Thanks,

Michael

I am using FS Global 2010FTX in P3Dv3.1 with no problems.

Thanks Dex - I've been thinking about purchasing the FS Global mesh for some time now, so maybe I'll give that a go and see what happens.

I've tracked down the issue, and (on my machine at least) it has nothing to do with Bill's scenery. It seems to be part of a much larger issue that effects a big chunk of the eastern seaboard along New England and the Maritimes, and it looks like it's caused by the "Eastern Canada Bathymetry" component of the SimAddons scenery. An animated GIF is worth a thousand words, so:

meshIssue.gif

Anyway, if there's anyone out there using the SimAddons scenery who's having the same issues, try turning off the Eastern Canada Bathymetry scenery and see if that solve the problem for you as well.

Michael