The simFlight Network Forums

Crashed Flag

Pete,

I am currently responsible for programming for the FS-Duenna application used to validate flights in the flight simulator round the world race as well as various other events.

Now my question is in regards to offset 0840 which is the crashed flag, how exactly are you deriving this value within FSUIPC? and is it different at all between FS9/FSX/P3D V2/V3?

An issue cropped up this weekend which I've been trying to figure out.  A Pilot landed at an airport and rolled out but the Duenna reported a crash.  The duenna only reports a crash if offset 0840 becomes a 1 at any point in time during the flight.  The pilot was using Prepar3D V2 at the time, not sure if it was V2.4 or 2.5 if that matters.

So is it possible that this offset can become a 1 without Prepar3D showing the user a crash?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Now my question is in regards to offset 0840 which is the crashed flag, how exactly are you deriving this value within FSUIPC? and is it different at all between FS9/FSX/P3D V2/V3?.

On FSX and P3D the flash is set only by the SimConnect "Crashed" event  The flag is cleared on a "CrashReset" event ad also when I'm notified of a flight being loaded.

The events are obtained by request through the SimConnect_SubscribeToSystemEvent function.

In FS9 and before, the crashed flag was an actual location inside one of the FS modules.

An issue cropped up this weekend which I've been trying to figure out.  A Pilot landed at an airport and rolled out but the Duenna reported a crash.  The duenna only reports a crash if offset 0840 becomes a 1 at any point in time during the flight.  The pilot was using Prepar3D V2 at the time, not sure if it was V2.4 or 2.5 if that matters

I had some scenery for Rome Fuimicino once, which was fine on FS9, but someone did an adaptation for FSX. On FSX, one of the runways had some sort of invisible wall across the runway, right in the middle. I always had to turn crash detection off to fly there.  My current version is the Aerosoft one, I think.

Pete

Thanks Pete, have you ever seen it happen where FSUIPC could possibly report a crash while the simulator doesn't show the user a crash at all? 

No, but the indication I would get from FS is a freeze followed by a flight reset. I don't see any on-screen notifications, most because I inhibit them but also because out of my cockpit window a lot of the outside view isn't in view without me specifically looking.

If it is reproducible at the same airport & runway, then I'd suspect the scenery having an issue. If it isn't scenery or an AI collision (maybe from behind or unseen over to one side) then it has got to be an aircraft overstressed occurrence I think.

In FSX and P3D the offset is protected from being written to by applications. If it is reproducible you could enable offset 0840 monitoring (FSUIPC Logging tab, right-hand side), logging changes to the FSUIPC4.LOG file -- that would show the SimConnect event occurring.

Pete