The simFlight Network Forums
Bratwurst22

Simconnect Error after update to P3D v3.2.3.1679

Hi,

i got an error massage from simconnect from STB (running on a second PC)

After Update to P3D to v3.2.3.1679 and reinstalling the simconnect.msi from the P3D/Redist (Client 10.0.61259.0) Folder on the Flightsim PC - i have recompiled the "Make Runways" and have compiled the Airports Database.

Starting STB on the 2nd PC - i got the following Error:

12.03.2016 10:41:14.567
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Traffic_Board.TrafficBoard.UpdateStbTime(SIM_TIME& nt) in c:\Users\Simon\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V3.4 P3D V3\Client\Traffic Board\TrafficBoard.cs:line 15168
   at Traffic_Board.TrafficBoard.FSPeriodicSignal(SIM_TIME& nt) in c:\Users\Simon\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V3.4 P3D V3\Client\Traffic Board\TrafficBoard.cs:line 15060
   at STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V3.SimConnect_OnRecvSimobjectData(SimConnect sender, SIMCONNECT_RECV_SIMOBJECT_DATA data) in c:\Users\Simon\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V3.4 P3D V3\Client\SimConnectWrapperP3D\SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V3.cs:line 1567
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.OnReceiveMessage(SIMCONNECT_RECV pData, UInt32 cbData)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.CSignalProcDelegateMarshaler.CallSignalProc(SIMCONNECT_RECV* pData, UInt32 cbData, Void* pContext)
   at SimConnect_CallDispatch(Void* , IntPtr , Void* )
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V3.DefWndProc(Message& m) in c:\Users\Simon\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V3.4 P3D V3\Client\SimConnectWrapperP3D\SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V3.cs:line 109
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Stefan

Sounds like the world has changed underneath us again.  I'll have to look into it, the extra challenge here with such changes is to maintain compatibility with extra point releases. 

Simon

Yup, me too. Funny thing is, everything seems to work in STB. Just this damned message popping up.  But this was working fine last night until I updated to latest ASN this morning. Go figure?

Clayton

post-9044-0-70429200-1457810540_thumb.pn

Hello Simon ,

Exactly the same observation as Clayton, everything was working after the transition to version 3.2 , and when I installed the SHIFT ASN V5913 , this problem appeared.

Thank you in advance for your response as always and congratulations for this wonderful program that I use constantly .

Best regards,

Simon,

FYI, I had to re install FSIUPC to operate FS Commander and , surprise , the STB is operating normally, more error messages.

Is this a solution? yes apparently regarding me with P3d V3.2

Cordially.

Hi Simon,

Today, Sunday no problems.  The only change to system was installing the new FEX for P3D but that is just textures so don't see how that could matter.

After fighting my way through the upgrade (at one point it was crashing every time at the flight loading progress bar), I can generally confirm some of the findings here.  However I could only get the exception to occur once irrespective of other add-ons.  If anyone out there has a solid example that occurs every time, please send me the details of the scenario.

I think some debug code might be required to put the error into better context.  It's almost as if SimConnect is generating a corrupt packet and sending it across to me.

Simon

Several more tests at different airports and all is well. Not a single error message.  Must have been Gremlins from the Twilight Zone. :twisted:

Cheers.

Clayton

The only other observation I have so far is Delete AI won't work with 3.2 without a code change.  That's a relatively simple thing to fix in the next few days.

Simon

• Upvote 1

HI all,

after several tests and reinstalling simconnect.msi and FSUIPC i think i found the liltle Gremlins :razz:

Install the latest FSUIPC Version. Delete the FSUIPC.ini. (in MODULES)  After starting P3D the FSUIPC.ini will be rebuild. After that all further tests are successful. No more errors.

Stefan

HI all,

after several tests and reinstalling simconnect.msi and FSUIPC i think i found the liltle Gremlins :razz:

Install the latest FSUIPC Version. Delete the FSUIPC.ini. (in MODULES)  After starting P3D the FSUIPC.ini will be rebuild. After that all further tests are successful. No more errors.

Stefan

Problem: i have my personaly buttons and axes set by FSUIPC and this for the most planes different.

is there an other option? did not wand to delete my fsuicp.ini  so i have to set all buttons and axes new.

Problem: i have my personaly buttons and axes set by FSUIPC and this for the most planes different.

is there an other option? did not wand to delete my fsuicp.ini  so i have to set all buttons and axes new.

Before doing anything too drastic, see if my explanation above helps.  If it works every day other than Saturday (local simulator time), then it may be a P3D issue rather than anything in FSUIPC. 

Simon

Hmmmm - very strange.

I have made all my tests on Saturday and got no Errors.

Only loading a saved flightplan and reseting this Plan to the actuell Systemtime has caused the error. And this was on Sunday Time

All Saturday Flights were Fine...

Okay - waiting for any Update

Stefan

Hmmmm - very strange.

I have made all my tests on Saturday and got no Errors.

Only loading a saved flightplan and reseting this Plan to the actuell Systemtime has caused the error. And this was on Sunday Time

All Saturday Flights were Fine...

Okay - waiting for any Update

Stefan

If you have a reproducible scenario different to that already observed, please set up a trace in STB and send that to me so I can investigate the circumstances.

Thanks

Simon

OK - i have checked my P3D settings and saved Flight Scenarios basesd on your description - you were right  :razz:

Some of my saved Flight Scenarios had Dates excepted Saturday - all works fine. :mrgreen:

Only one Scenario has Date "Saturday" - got the simconnect Error. :evil:  (and that was my favorit Scenario i have tested all night long - ahhhh)

on Sunday i found the setting in FSUIPC - Miscellaneous - "Use System Time for flights".

That was the reason why the saved Flight Scenario with Date "Saturday" - was loaded into P3D with Date "Sunday" - an i got no error.

Unchecked in FSUIPC this "Use System Time for flights" - the errors coms again.

Again - all errors only on Dates with Saturday.

Thanks for your clarification

Stefan

Edited by Bratwurst22

Again - all errors only on Dates with Saturday.

Thanks for checking - it's important we describe the complete scenario to Lockheed Martin

I'm please to say I received a response from LM:

"Re: Changes to Date & Time in Prepar3D V3.2

Post by Mike LM » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:00 pm

First, day of week was changed to be 0-based. This was done to be consistent with other similar things like month.

Second, thank you for pointing out the error with zulu time. I have opened a ticket for us to begin working on a solution.

- Mike"

I think he means the day of the week is "1-based", in other words day 1 is the start of the week now rather than day 0.  That will require a fix on my side to correctly handle but at least this is an area that should stay the same in future updates.  We'll wait and see what happens to the zulu day number problem, that's something that I'd prefer to see fixed on the simulator side of the fence.

Simon

I had this error message and after reading posts to no available..I discovered what my problem was and maybe help someone else.  I don't that this corrected it but I did update fsuipc to latest. BUT my problem was my client that I run this on was not connected to the server. Windows 10 is horrible about loosing connections and therefore stb  could not connect to the  data server. So make sure..you can also run the ai. taffic inside the simconnect sdk (part of original fsx) to see if it connects to p3dv3.2..If it doesn't you have a simconnect issue not STB. 

Hope this helps

Bob Morehead   BTW Happy Easter :)

I know the text says Server2    should be Client 2  but hey I am 65 and entitled to my mental lapses lol

Server2 STB crash.txt

I too have frequent network drop outs on windows 10.  When I run the network troubleshooter it reports something about a network protocol being missing from the registry, fixes it, then soon after it's broken again.  The internet is littered full of examples of this problem so we are not alone, and as one might expect Windows 7 runs perfectly on the same hardware.

In the meantime I've a hotfix to try to deal with the problems reported here.  It will normalise the Prepar3D day concept that changed in Prepar3D V3.2 back to FSX format, and correct the error in the Zulu local day number.  The hotfix can be downloaded from:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/STB_3.4.0.9_Prepar3D_V3.update.exe

Please feedback how you get along with this hotfix, so far it's worked fine at this end.

Thanks

Simon

Hi there Simon, and thanks as always for your rapid response to fixing these things.

I tried this hot-fix in a client/server setup and the client tells me that DS needs to be at 3.4.0.7

Am I too early in testing the hot-fix?

Thanks, Mike

Sorry, it was more like me being a little late.  It's updated now in the usual place.

www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/stbds3.zip

Simon