The simFlight Network Forums

Pmdg cdu offset

Can i read the data from cdu of the 737 pmdg?

If you mean by program rather from the CDU on screen ;-), then for the 737NGX I think you can only get the Annunciator and Brightness Knob status (offsets 6599-65A3).

Maybe there's another way, I don't know. Really this is a question for PMDG support. 

Pete

My problem is...on file header there is a structure with the cdu data,but i can read this structure only by simconnect and not by fsuipc.

Can you implement this structure un fsuipc? :)

Sorry, I do not know this file header or structure. Where is this information? I've only ever seen the "PMDG_NGX_SDK.h", on which the structure in the offsets is derived. There's no other CDU information in there.

Pete

I have find it in the last version of the file header,at the beggining of the file there is the definition,and from row 523 to row 560 there is the structure and the array...

Thanks thank too much

Ah, found it. I was looking at the original version, not the later update! Sorry.

That structure seems to give you is some 24 x 14 "cells" each containing 3 bytes, "Symbol", "Clour" and "flags". Is the text made up of abutting the "symbols"? Are the "symbols" ASCII characters? 

Very strange implementation. Why not an array of 14 24-byte strings?

I see it is enabled separately, and is a separate broadcast. So it'd be new code, not just an extension to my current implementation. And 1008 (24 x 14 x 3) bytes of offset to find.

I can do it, but it will have to wait till about 2nd-3rd week of April. I am away later next week until then, and very busy till I depart.

If you have seen nothing happen by, say, 18th April, do remind me.

Pete

Sorry Pete i have another question if i can. but you use simconnect to interface fsuipc with the simulator?with vs2010?

Yes.  FSUIPC4 is all written in a mixture of C and C++ with Assembly Code parts where needed. (FSUIPC3 is with VS 2005)

WideClient is still with VS 2003, for backward compatibility with Win98 and XP, although I suspect it may have lost Win98 compatibility through recent use or additional Windows APIs.

Pete

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Pete,

Fligt Simulator X (Steam Edition). Airplane: PMDG Boeing 777

I am working on a CDU using a Raspberry Pi. The connection CDU <--> FSX is over Ethernet.

I am able to send the event of the CDU keyboard and receive the data (LED).

In the PMDG SDK B777 there is no mention about the data concerning the screen. I have contacted the PMDG support about these missing data. They recognize that this information is missing, but they could not give an answer about a new release of the SDK .h file.

If I look on the Internet, I see some software for the 3 CDU of the Boeing 777 (CDU displayed on Tablet/Smartphone). I have buy one and it works fine.

I believe that the CDU data screen information exist somewhere.

Could you please give me some advices.

Kind Regards,

Reinhard

Hi Pete,

I did not found the document ' Offset Mapping for PMDG 777'. I just found the one for the B747 (' Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII '). IT just says the offset mapping for the 3 CDU: CDUScreenDataThis is provided the raw matrix form provided by PMDG, in offsets 0x5400-0x57FF (for CDU 0), 0x5800-0x5BFF (for CDU1) and 0x5C00-0x5FFF (for CDU2).

May be it is the same for the Boeing 777?

Kind regards,

Reinhard

2 hours ago, RKRA said:

May be it is the same for the Boeing 777?

No. It sounds like you've not installed an up to date FSUIPC, which would have also installed the other documents. There would be ones for all three of the PMDG boeings.

Pete