The simFlight Network Forums
Bill Womack

New viva version for P3D 3.2 users

I've just uploaded the new viva_P3D.dll that's compatible with P3D 3.2. You can find it here:

http://iblueyonder.com/viva/

thanks,

Bill

NOTE: For new users who downloaded the Heron's Nest as of March 21, 2016 @ 15:30 UTC or later, the installer you downloaded (IBYHN102.zip) includes the P3D 3.2 version, so there's no need to update.

Bill, I am running P3Dv3.2 and the new module doesn't work for me.  I get the start message of the incompatible module and activate the "check on line" button and it can't find a compatible version.  I activate the "run once" button and the sim loads.  I then go to 00ME and Heron loads but I am missing a lot of trees.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

I have not tried loading the scenery yet, but I downloaded the new files from here (did not use the P3D message)and placed in the scenery folder and P3D loads without the warning message.

Mike

Mike, are you running P3Dv3.2 ?  I have solved the mystery.  After Lockheed released the 3.2 version, They released a patch for thos folks who have subscription based license.  Lockheed stated that those users with regular license did not need the patch.  It appears that the P3D viva.dll is tied to the latest Lockheed patch for P3Dv3.2.  I have installed the patch and I can start p3D v3 normally now.

Yeah, I have the 3.2 Professional subscription and downloaded & installed after the patch.  Apparently they must have rolled the patch into the main installer because I did not install the patch and did not receive the message.

Mike

Interesting. I too did a full reinstall rather than a 3.2 patch, and didn't get the message; the viva_p3d.dll module just worked, silently. I must admit that while I love how actively P3D is being updated, it can be a bit of a pain for developers.

Mike, After the initial release, they made a patch for the subscription folks and issued a new client.  They stated that folks that made the first download and didn't have the subscription problem didn't need the patch.  They didn't consider the addon folks.

Bill, I did not do a full install only the Client and Content upgrades and things went good with viva_P3d.dll.   I will load 00ME tonight to see what it looks like.  I will also see if the upgrade did anything funny to my scenery list.  I cannot remember which one but I think I needed to reactivate an addon scenery.

Mike