The simFlight Network Forums
Diigg

Multicore Next Problems

Hello,

Taking advantage of the lowered price of the product I decided to buy it.

I found an interesting tool with possibilities, but after a day of use gives me the feeling of being a product not finished and needs to be improved to be really useful.

On the one hand, I do not like the way to launch applications. All at once, which can lead to computer freezes momentarily.

It would be interesting that the utility was opening the way gradually, one after another, in an orderly manner.

One of the things I found most interesting is to assign the use of each core for each application (Affinity Mask), but in my case is not working properly because FSX does not use the cores I establish in the application. Why? No, but it is not.

In my case it had set a value for AM 116 (1110100), which works fine on my system. If I try to set the same value in MN, selected the appropriate cores, FSX uses other than cores. Why?

Also, you can not change the use of cores in real time? Process Lasso as does, for example. It would be very useful. It's a shame not to have graphics processor usage, FPS and memory, for example, to allow testing to find the ideal combination.

On the one hand, why restrict the list to just 10 addons? It would not be better to make the selection for each group with 10 addons for each group?

Finally, I have found there is a bug. The Ribbon minimize button does not work.

I think it's an interesting utility, but has much development ahead to be really useful. I hope that you will continue with its development.

a greeting

Hi,

Finally, I have found there is a bug. The Ribbon minimize button does not work. -> This has been disabled by us.

In my case it had set a value for AM 116 (1110100) -> You enabled virtual cores also?

On the one hand, I do not like the way to launch applications. All at once, which can lead to computer freezes momentarily. -> if you enabled the priority to high then it may happen to systems running win7 and above.

It would be interesting that the utility was opening the way gradually, one after another, in an orderly manner. -> this is one of our thoughts for next updates

Regards,

Achilles

I just bought this program, installed it in my windows 10 Pro 64bit 8 core cpu system. After registering it, all is grayed out and I can't make any changes. I click the manual button, nothing happens............. I found the config button and I assigned fsx to cores 4567 and other add-ons to 123. Lets see what happens......Will I did see "some improvement" and I still can get the manual to open. I set everything to max and then as fsx was running I adjusted it to the best I could get. I was using Xtreme FSX but that I think only works with one cpu core.  Will keep trying... :>)

Edited by Jammerjonn
Updating info

I also just purchased the program and I guess I have to ask how does Multi core next work?  I load with the tool and without the tool and the cores act the same.  core 3 is maxed out either way.

Does it write the AM to the fsx.cfg file?  If so it's the same as I originally had since I backed up the fsx.cfg file before I loaded Multi core next.   AM=8

Some insight to the program would be appreciated.  I don't know if it is working, or if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Edited by Bill721

Thanks for the reply....  Could the affinity mask I already have in FSX.cfg be blocking it from working.  Should I remove it from the fsx.cfg file?