The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Look Problem

Hey Pete,

I am sorry to bother you, but I am having an issue with my FSUIPC and Mouse Look. I have been a long time FSUIPC client and recently got an advanced throttle which I programmed through FSUIPC. Per your documentation, I disabled controllers in P3D V3.2 and set up all the rest of my controls via FSUIPC. However, when I try to use the mouse look function, my view just snaps into a random position and doesnt move. I assigned the space bar (because I use the middle mouse button for another purpose) and when I click it, the crosshairs show up indicating it should be in mouse look mode, but my mouse inputs are not recognized. Am I missing something? Is there an additional assignment I should be making for my mouse? Thank you for your support. 

I am sorry to bother you, but I am having an issue with my FSUIPC and Mouse Look. I have been a long time FSUIPC client and recently got an advanced throttle which I programmed through FSUIPC. Per your documentation, I disabled controllers in P3D V3.2 and set up all the rest of my controls via FSUIPC. However, when I try to use the mouse look function, my view just snaps into a random position and doesnt move. I assigned the space bar (because I use the middle mouse button for another purpose) and when I click it, the crosshairs show up indicating it should be in mouse look mode, but my mouse inputs are not recognized. Am I missing something? Is there an additional assignment I should be making for my mouse? Thank you for your support. 

It sounds like something else is grabbing the mouse inputs first.  Did it work with the middle mouse button before you disabled it in FSUIPC's INI file?

Are you assigning the space bar to the FSUIPC "mouselook toggle" control, or using the on/off facilities in FSUIPC, or leaving it to the default FS control? Either way, try the other. Maybe the FS keypress is being taken by something else.

Perhaps you should show me your FSUIPC4.INI file so I can check your assignments.

You could also enable some logging so I can see what's happening. You can enable key/button logging, and also event logging in FSUIPC's logging tab.

Pete