The simFlight Network Forums

R6025 - pure virtual function call error w/ WideFs

Mr. Dawson,

Immediately after installing WideFS, I started getting the c++ callback error listed in the subject line when exiting FSX SE.  I can avoid the error by disabling WideFS via the FSUIPC addon menu, before exiting FSX.  However, sometimes I forget to accomplish this workaround and my sim crashes; last night the crash resulted in my standard.xml file being restored to default values.  The lose of my button controls compelled me to seek a permanent solution; I would be grateful for any advise you can offer. I am, however, 100% sure this is an WideFS related error; perhaps I screwed-up the installation.   

Windows 7

FSX SE

WideFS w/o Registered FSUIPC

FSUIPC version: 4.949h

Matt

Immediately after installing WideFS, I started getting the c++ callback error listed in the subject line when exiting FSX SE.  I can avoid the error by disabling WideFS via the FSUIPC addon menu, before exiting FSX.

I've never had any other reprots of such a problem, and WideFS hasn't changed at all in many years. I'd need you to narrow it down.

Is WideServer connected to a Client when you exit? If so, what is it running?

What if you close the client Application before closing FSX?

What if you also close WideClient first?

What if you close down using the WideServer hotkey option ("ShutdownHotKey"(?

BTW, it's "Dowson" not "Dawson", and version 4.949h has been superseded by 4.949p.

Pete

Wow, thanks for the quick response, sir!

"I've never had any other reprots of such a problem, and WideFS hasn't changed at all in many years. I'd need you to narrow it down"

I've found others who have experienced similar difficulties, including a few posters on this forum:  http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77112-wide-fs-and-microsoft-visual-c-rintime-error/ 

"What if you close the client Application before closing FSX?"  

"What if you also close WideClient first?"

I have tried every conceivable pattern and still get the error.  In fact, I get the error if I don't even start the client application.  The only remedy is to disable FSUIPC before closing FSX.

I tried the hotkey and allowshutdown options prior to seeking your help

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes
AdvertiseService=1
Port=8002
Port2=9002
ShutdownHotKey=69,11                   

Again, thank you for the quick reply, Mr Dowson.  I'll take any other ideas you can offer.  

I've found others who have experienced similar difficulties, including a few posters on this forum:  http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77112-wide-fs-and-microsoft-visual-c-rintime-error/ 

Ah, thanks. Always useful to have a reference.

I believe those two turned out  to be Network errors, related to a thread trying ot access Network options already closed.  I think SimConnect was also in use across the Network.

You say:

I get the error if I don't even start the client application.

What about if you don't even start WideClient, so that the Network never really got used?

I tried the hotkey and allowshutdown options prior to seeking your help

The problem I have here is lack of information. Are there no more details of the crash available, eg. from the Windows Event Viewer?

Another thing you could do is to stop WideServer broadcasting, just in case it is only related to that channel. 

AdvertiseService=No

You'll need then to be sure that your WideClient.INI file includes the ServerName or ServerIPAddr, and the Protocol.

Pete

"Ah, thanks. Always useful to have a reference."

I hate asking for IT help; so, I figured I'd check the forum first for help!  Also, I don't employ simconnect.  The only remote applications I run Avilsoft EFB and DVA ACARS, the latter is possible thanks to wideFS.  

"What about if you don't even start WideClient, so that the Network never really got used?"

If WideClient has no impact, whether its instantiated or not. As long as I don't instantiate the WideServer, I'm error free.  Specifically, If i leavet WideFS disabled and start the wideClient; I am able to close FSX with no problems.  However, if I enable WideFS, thus starting the WideServer, I get the error. 

"The problem I have here is lack of information. Are there no more details of the crash available, eg. from the Windows Event Viewer"

That's been a huge problem for me too!  The only error associated with the crash is the following:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: USP10.dll, version: 1.626.7601.19054, time stamp: 0x563902f2

Exception code: 0xc0000005 

However, to my knowledge, USP10.dll is used to order/display text to graphics.  So, I believe the error is result of the crash (FSX not able to write new data), vice the cause of it...if that makes sense.   

"AdvertiseService=No" 

I had the exact same idea; unfortunately, it didn't work.  

Again, the rapid response is most impressive.  I wish I could offer more technical knowledge, but I can't seem to find the smoking gun.  I know my c++ libraries/.Net libraries are up-to-date.  

If WideClient has no impact, whether its instantiated or not. As long as I don't instantiate the WideServer, I'm error free.  Specifically, If i leavet WideFS disabled and start the wideClient; I am able to close FSX with no problems.  However, if I enable WideFS, thus starting the WideServer, I get the error. 

Stranger and stranger, because in that case all WideFS is doing is opening a port.  With "AdvertiseService=No" also set it isn't actually doing anything except that.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: USP10.dll, version: 1.626.7601.19054, time stamp: 0x563902f2
Exception code: 0xc0000005

That's an access violation, meaning usually that the module concerned is using a bad memory address, or one not within its process. I've never heard of USP10, but checking on my system I see I have many copies installed, and many different. There are 8 different versions installed in the WinSxS folder -- 4 for 64-bit, 4 for 32-bit. Then Office 10, 11, 12 all have different versions, and also Visual Studio 10 and 12. All seem to be different, judging by the sizes.

I wonder if trying a different one might help? Not sure how you'd do that -- maybe putting one in the FSX folder would get it loaded instead of the one in whichever Windows folder it is loading from.

However, to my knowledge, USP10.dll is used to order/display text to graphics.  So, I believe the error is result of the crash (FSX not able to write new data), vice the cause of it...if that makes sense

Not really. if the process is terminated by a crash it won't be continuing then to generate another one.

I know my c++ libraries/.Net libraries are up-to-date.

That DLL doesn't appear to be part of those, at least not only part of those. I just used Dependency Waker on FSX.EXE, and the dependency on USP10.DLL is nested like this:

[   ] FSX.EXE
     [   ] MFC80.DLL
          [   ] GDI32.DLL
               [   ] LPK.DLL
                    [   ] USP10.DLL

Not that this helps much, I'm afraid.

Not sure what else can be done. I myself am a very heavy user of WideFS (I wrote it for my own use originally, with the first editions of Project Magenta). My cockpit system uses 8 PCs, 6 clients linked by WideFS, 2 of which also have SimConnect linkages.and 1 by a separate linkage (Aivlasoft's EFB). If I could reproduce the problem I might be able to get to the bottom of it, but I've no idea how. I'm sure it must be something in your system.

If experimentation with alternative USP10's, or a repair/replacement of it, doesn't work or seem viable, I would suggest uninstalling your Network hardware in Device Manager (drivers too), then re-booting so the system finds it again and replaces the drivers.

Pete

Just adding info & it may not be related at all, maybe it will help. Our Around the World Race Team has experienced the R6025 error many times. When it occurred it also caused a few, not all, of other multiplayers flight sim to crash fatally with the same pop-up error at the very same time. Therefore it was transferred over the MP network.

1. We use FSHost & FSHost Client as our MP environment. (Enables FS9 and above to be in the same MP session) 
  2. 90% of the time the faulting module (fs9 & fsx) was visualfx.dll. The error would cross sim versions in MP. With the same Exception code: 0xc0000005 
  3. In most cases the fault occurred when an aircraft either entered or left a certain players TCAS range, a user changed aircraft or, one had just joined or left the MP session - a change of TCAS information.
  4. One particular aircraft, the Mario Noriega Avanti V3, caused more problems than others, although not singled out as the primary cause. 

I am getting a private poll started over at Avsim with our teammates to hopefully get a bit more of information. These errors started ~ 5 years ago, much of the above was from memory. Primarily going to ask the teammates if one had the error, was WideFS running. ( Not singling out WideFS as the cause )