The simFlight Network Forums

CH Products Flightstick USB 3 button#'s for 1 button

I'm running windows 10, FSUIPC 4.949p, P3D 3.2 and FSXSE. One button on my flightstick registers 3 button numbers in FSUIPC when I attempt to give it a function under Buttons and Keys. First press registers button 16 second press button 17, 3d press button 18. I give button 16 a function such as pause but have to press it 2 times for it to pause the sim. I tried giving 17 and 18 functions but they don't work in the sim. Only one function works, requiring 2 or 3 presses. I disabled controllers in sim, regenerated a new FSUIPC ini. Same behaviour. I tested the button by giving it a function in sim settings. It works normally. I'm using the CH Pro Throttle, Throttle Quadrant and pedals. FSUIPC only assigns 1 button number to each button on all devices with buttons except for the above-mentioned. Any ideas?

I'm running windows 10, FSUIPC 4.949p, P3D 3.2 and FSXSE. One button on my flightstick registers 3 button numbers in FSUIPC when I attempt to give it a function under Buttons and Keys. First press registers button 16 second press button 17, 3d press button 18. I give button 16 a function such as pause but have to press it 2 times for it to pause the sim. I tried giving 17 and 18 functions but they don't work in the sim. Only one function works, requiring 2 or 3 presses. I disabled controllers in sim, regenerated a new FSUIPC ini. Same behaviour. I tested the button by giving it a function in sim settings. It works normally. I'm using the CH Pro Throttle, Throttle Quadrant and pedals. FSUIPC only assigns 1 button number to each button on all devices with buttons except for the above-mentioned. Any ideas?

No idea at all. How is your button doing different things each time? Is it meant to? Is it in the user guide for the device?

All I could help with is to tell you what is happening. For this you need to enable Button logging in FSUIPC's logging tab. Then test and show me the log.

Pete

I attached the button log. As far as I know, the button should only have one function as the others do. I tested this by attempting to put functions into 17 and 18 but FSUIPC ignored them. It only let me use the function I programmed into button 16. I could do more testing on another OS using the CH Products applet to ensure that the button is only meant to perform one function at a time. I could also install FSUIPC on another OS to see if the behaviour is replicated.

Barry Cameron Button Log.txt

I attached the button log. As far as I know, the button should only have one function as the others do

The log shows you pressing several buttons. Is this right?

167750 *** Entered Buttons option page ***
   192282 FirstButtonChange res=00000003 (0.0, 3)   Button 3
   231110 FirstButtonChange res=00000002 (0.0, 2)   Button 2
   231125 FirstButtonChange res=00000011 (0.0, 17)  Button 17
   232157 FirstButtonChange res=00000002 (0.0, 2)    Button 2 again
   232172 FirstButtonChange res=00000012 (0.0, 18)  Button 18
   233078 FirstButtonChange res=00000002 (0.0, 2)    Button 2 again
   233094 FirstButtonChange res=00000010 (0.0, 16)  Button 16
   247063 *** Exiting Buttons option page ***

It looks like button 3 was pressed first, as it is 39 seconds then before any other button is pressed

But then the others are in pairs -- button 2 + 17, 18 and 16 respectively, each pair with a second between.

If all that is the result of pressing just the one button then there's something very strange going on with that joystick. Are you sure there's no other software doing this? Did you install a driver for it? If so it might be that is the porblem.

I see that you have programmed button 16 successfully:

251328 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=16, Pressed
   251328 [buttons.C182_N6182G] 0=P0,16,C65561,0
   251328 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65561, Param=0
   251500 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=16, Released
   253938 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=16, Pressed
   253938 [buttons.C182_N6182G] 0=P0,16,C65561,0
   253938 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65561, Param=0
   254047 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=16, Released

and it is working okay. 

If you want to program 17 and 18 to do the same, just make copies of that assignment in your FSUIPC4.INI file -- the part in Red above, with new line numbers (the value before the =) and 17 and 18 replacing the 16.

If the one button is representing 16, 17, and 18 I don't see why you'd want to program them to do different things. But you seem to be implying that this 3-buttons-in-one operation is an intentional part of the device's design? 

Looking earlier you said something which I now realise is contradictory:

One button on my flightstick registers 3 button numbers in FSUIPC when I attempt to give it a function under Buttons and Keys. First press registers button 16 second press button 17, 3d press button 18. I give button 16 a function such as pause but have to press it 2 times for it to pause the sim. 

If button 16 is obtained on the first press, why do you say you have to press it twice to get the assignment obeyed? The log clearly shows that it successfully sent the assigned control (65561 = Pause Toggle). So it worked on one press.

The log actually showed the order to be 17, 18, then 16, implying you need to press three times to get the button 16 assignment actioned.

Pete

Problem solved. I installed CH Control Manager and performed a FSUIPC log check. I appreciate the console option.

The button showing as 2, 16, 17 and 18 registered as button 2 with multiple presses. Now the pause toggle works with one press where it previously took three presses. It would appear that the Windows 10 generic drivers cause issues with FSUIPC.

I used to run Control Manager but it prevented my computer from going to sleep. Since then, there was a major Windows 10 update that may have resolved this. If not, I will use the sim to program that button.

Thank you for your insight Pete and I appreciate your advice on how to allow a button to perform multiple tasks.

Barry