The simFlight Network Forums

FEELTHERE ANNOUNCES THE LATEST GENERATION OF ITS TOWER! SIMULATOR - TOWER!3D

FeelThere_Vic

1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

So for those that have had a chanse to try it out. Is T&G supported for small aircraft or only straight in landings? I have no purchased it yet and dont know if perhaps I should wait for the pro version later.

Mike

I haven't seen T&G yet, just 'Go Around'.  I'll look further when I get home.  I do this this would be a neat option for GA aircraft, esp at a small airport like TIST (I'm sure the controllers would be PO'd for a GA doing this at LAX or other big airport...hehe)

1 hour ago, achilles1971 said:

No "clickable" options for commands like "hold short of taxiway/runway". I know, i can type them...

Agreed.  You do have the hold position button, but that only good if you are watching that plane at the exact moment.  Vic mentioned that they had to strip a few commands from the game so the the selection of buttons would not fill the screen.

On 5/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, FeelThere said:

About the feature: some of the listed will see the Pro version but I can confirm editing of the schedules will be still possible in fact in an easier way than before :)

So for my understanding: editing the schedule will be a feature of !Pro and not !3D?

18 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Agreed.  You do have the hold position button, but that only good if you are watching that plane at the exact moment.  Vic mentioned that they had to strip a few commands from the game so the the selection of buttons would not fill the screen.

I understand the decision to have to strip some commands (don't agree with it, but ok). What I'm a little dissapointed by is that you have to click the command entry box each time you want to type a command. In Tower!2011, you clicked on an a/c and just started typing. Now, I have to first DOUBLE-click the command entry box and then start typing, which isn't just a pain, but also a hinderance when things get busy (especially when the mouse has to travel from one corner of the screen to the opposite). 

Another command I'm missing is the "after takeoff turn heading XXX Cleared for Takeoff". Again, can be typed, by not "moused". 

15 minutes ago, bazvink said:

So for my understanding: editing the schedule will be a feature of !Pro and not !3D?

It is available for T!3D already. We will post some information about it in the near future. It's much easier than it was before; T!3D handles everything on a per airport level so let's say you want to add some local traffic to TIST you don't have to deal with the local traffic at KLAX.

8 minutes ago, bazvink said:

I understand the decision to have to strip some commands (don't agree with it, but ok). What I'm a little dissapointed by is that you have to click the command entry box each time you want to type a command. In Tower!2011, you clicked on an a/c and just started typing. Now, I have to first DOUBLE-click the command entry box and then start typing, which isn't just a pain, but also a hinderance when things get busy (especially when the mouse has to travel from one corner of the screen to the opposite). 

Another command I'm missing is the "after takeoff turn heading XXX Cleared for Takeoff". Again, can be typed, by not "moused". 

This "click to type" feature sounds like something that we will investigate in the first SP1. It sounds reasonable so let us check if we can bring it back.

Just now, FeelThere said:

This "click to type" feature sounds like something that we will investigate in the first SP1. It sounds reasonable so let us check if we can bring it back.

While you're at it, remember the way Tower!2011 would try to predict the command based on which letters you typed......?

That would also help a lot. But, to be honest, if you added that, I would probably never use the mouse menu again. I've learnt to type very fast with Tower!2011 ;)

28 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

It is available for T!3D already. We will post some information about it in the near future.

The VERY near future, I hope. This is, after all, functionality I paid for... I should know how it works.

1 hour ago, bazvink said:

The VERY near future, I hope. This is, after all, functionality I paid for... I should know how it works.

Relax.  We will get there.  I think we have enough schedules to play with for a day or two.  Also do not forget that Nyerges Design is working on a version of Real Traffic for T3D (according to their FB page, they hope to get it out in a week or so).  Who knows, maybe our friend Dick Parker will eventually even come up with something akin to SC for T3D.  Remember that In the beginning of T!2011 we did not have all of these options in the very beginning either.

• Upvote 1