The simFlight Network Forums

help to remove macro text

Hello everyone

I have got myself in a real mess with mouse macros . I had most of  the overhead switches working using macros just fine however after a move with the sim the hole lot some how got completely mixed up i have had a go at getting it sorted but it is a nightmare & I have now given up. I need to start again it would be faster.

My question is dose anyone know how to delete the macro text in the drop down lists in fsuipc so i can start from scratch. I have got rid of buttons and keys in the ini file but I still have all the text from the macros like ( fuel pump left on ) etc & its very confusing.

I have looked in the docs but i havent found the answer yet.

can anyone help me please

Thank you very much

Tim

My question is dose anyone know how to delete the macro text in the drop down lists in fsuipc so i can start from scratch.

Delete all of the .mcro type files in the Modules folder. The names before the : character as listed in the assignments drop down are the filenames of those .mcro type files, so you can be selective if you wish.

There's also a section in the FSUIPC4.INI file called [MacroFiles]. After you have deleted the .mcro types files, best to also delete the entries in there with the same names -- or if you are deleting all macros, just delete that whole section.

I have looked in the docs but i havent found the answer yet.

The "Macro Controls" chapter on page 38 of the Advanced User's guide does explain the .mcro files.

Pete

Delete all of the .mcro type files in the Modules folder. The names before the : character as listed in the assignments drop down are the filenames of those .mcro type files, so you can be selective if you wish.

There's also a section in the FSUIPC4.INI file called [MacroFiles]. After you have deleted the .mcro types files, best to also delete the entries in there with the same names -- or if you are deleting all macros, just delete that whole section.

The "Macro Controls" chapter on page 38 of the Advanced User's guide does explain the .mcro files.

Pete

I would say before you delete anything consider this.

The code that you currently have in your modules folder reference that previously worked should be kept as "learning code"… It worked once and it may well work again under a different environment …

So rather than wholesale deletion ...then reinventing the wheel, I would save the spokes,hub and rIm, with the thought that somehow they might be put to back togather piece by piece, to allow you to roll again, on another road.

... At least to back up the FSUIPC4.ini file!

Just expressing curmudgeonly Old coder thoughts!

Chas

Pete

I would say before you delete anything consider this.

The code that you currently have in your modules folder, previously worked, and should be kept as "learning code"… and it may well work again.

So rather than wholesale deletion ...then re-inventing the wheel, I would save the spokes,hub and rim, with the thought that later, under a different environment and frame of mind, they might be put to back together piece by piece, to allow you to roll again, on a freshly re-surfaced road.

... At least to back up the FSUIPC4.ini file!

Just expressing curmudgeonly Old coder thoughts!

Chas