The simFlight Network Forums

Assign reverse thrust to Goflight GF-TQ6

Hello,

I am running FSUIPC Version 4.949h in Prepar3D 3.2.3.16769 and FSX SE.

I am using a Goflight TQ6 throttle. This is the one designed to have reverse thrust operate by microswitches attached to dummy levers that contact the main throttle levers. While this works as designed, it causes an issue when the throttle levers are pushed to their max limits. It is frustrating to manually advance to TOGA on a takeoff roll and engage reverse thrust.

I would like to set up my sims to ignore the reverse button pushes under a certain throttle axis value. Someone else managed to do this back in 2012 and posted a few lines from his fsuipc ini at avsim:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/383125-goflight-tq6-reverse-thrust/?p=2450720

However, the FSUIPC version referenced in that thread does not contain the same code that mine does. I would like to implement the solution posted at avsim but I am not sure what text I need to write to my fsuipc.ini and where it should go. Here is a section of my fsuipc.ini pertaining to calibrations:

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
Aileron=-16380,-512,512,16380
Elevator=-16380,-512,512,16380
Rudder=-16380,-512,512,16380
LeftBrake=-16380,16380/16
RightBrake=-16380,16380/16
Throttle1=-15227,-512,512,15613/40
Throttle2=-13986,-512,512,15989/40
Throttle3=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
Throttle4=-16380,-512,512,16380/32
Spoilers=-16019,16201/24
Flaps=-15843,15663/24

Thank you,

Ian Fisher

I am running FSUIPC Version 4.949h in Prepar3D 3.2.3.16769 and FSX SE.

It's out of date. Earliest supported version is 4.95.

I am using a Goflight TQ6 throttle. This is the one designed to have reverse thrust operate by microswitches attached to dummy levers that contact the main throttle levers. While this works as designed, it causes an issue when the throttle levers are pushed to their max limits. It is frustrating to manually advance to TOGA on a takeoff roll and engage reverse thrust.

Er, surely the reverse thrust switches are at the idle/off extreme end of the throttle lever movement (i.e. pulled back towards you as far as they go), NOT at full thrust which is at the opposite end!  Are you sure you have the throttles the right way round?

However, the FSUIPC version referenced in that thread does not contain the same code that mine does.

Nothing has been removed from FSUIPC, so that doesn't make sense either.

Pete

Pete,

Thank you.

If you view this image of the TQ6, the microswitches are visible as small white buttons inside the casing. It is entirely possible to engage reverse thrust whenever the micoswitch is in contact with the throttle lever. That can occur throughout the entire range of motion which is why I want to set fsuipc up to ignore the micoswitch input s under a certain axis value.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0304/gftq6rp48/gf3.jpg

I noticed the newer version of fsuipc last night and will update.

Did you view the post I linked to?

Arjen stated that his fsuipc contained the following pertaining to reverse functions on his tq6 and that he modified this line for a fix:

"My original lines in FSUIPC.ini for the reverse thrust buttons were :

21=RC,2,C65966,0

22=RC,1,C65971,0

And I changed these lines to:

21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0

22=W3332<5000 RC,1,C65971,0

This creates the offset condition that the thrust lever axis (separate lines for throttle 1 and throttle 2) output should be lower than 5000 for the button function to be called.

Works like a charm now."

I do not have any functions referred to as RC so I don't know where to begin.

Thank you,

Ian

If you view this image of the TQ6, the microswitches are visible as small white buttons inside the casing. It is entirely possible to engage reverse thrust whenever the micoswitch is in contact with the throttle lever.

That's a rather daft arrangement. What were they hoping to achieve with that?

"My original lines in FSUIPC.ini for the reverse thrust buttons were :

21=RC,2,C65966,0

22=RC,1,C65971,0

And I changed these lines to:

21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0

22=W3332<5000 RC,1,C65971,0

This creates the offset condition that the thrust lever axis (separate lines for throttle 1 and throttle 2) output should be lower than 5000 for the button function to be called.

Works like a charm now."

Yes, that looks fine. That code would work in any version of FSUIPC. The offset comparison facilities were introduced many tears ago, in FSUIPC2 I think!

I do not have any functions referred to as RC so I don't know where to begin.

"RC" is not a function. "R" means keep repeating whilst button is pressed (as opposed to 'P' from 'Press' and 'U' for "un-press", and "C,1" or "C,2" mean button 1 and 2 on joystick C.  The poster is sensibly using Joystick Lettering so that FSUIPC can keep track of his joysticks even if he moves them or if he updates Windows. I suppose you are still using numbers, but even so his numbers, if he used them, wouldn't necessarily be the same as yours. Windows assigns the joystick numbers on each specific PC.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks. That is a huge help. Before I edit my ini, I have a few questions. Using "21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0" as an example, what does all of this syntax mean?

21 = button assignment?

W3330<5000 = offset call for specified function below value of 5000?

R= Repeat

C= joystick assignment (side note - I like the letter idea based on the benefits you explained. Is switching to letters as simple as replacing the Windows assigned numbers in the fsuipc.ini with letters?

2,C65966,0 - no good guesses left. I'm assuming that C65966 is related to the reverse or throttle decrease function.

Where should I insert the code?

And yes, I agree, the micoswitch placement is bizarre but should work fine once I correctly edit my ini.

Thanks for the help!

Ian

Edited by I_A_N

Thanks. That is a huge help. Before I edit my ini, I have a few questions. Using "21=W3330<5000 RC,2,C65966,0" as an example, what does all of this syntax mean?

Button assignment formatting and programming is fully described in the documentation installed in your FSUIPC Documents subfolder, as pointed out in the Installation Guide you would have found in your FSUIPC downloaded ZIP file. See the Advanced User's guide, pages 19-27, and the Appendix 1 which was contributed by a user to expand on this further.

I like the letter idea based on the benefits you explained. Is switching to letters as simple as replacing the Windows assigned numbers in the fsuipc.ini with letters?

This subject is better dealt with also in the documentation you already have, but this time in the main User Guide, in the Chapter entitled "Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")" and listed in the Contents list right on the 2nd page.

Full documentation for the program is provided for good reasons, to help purchasers to make full and correct use of it.

Pete

Pete

Pete,

Thanks. I know it can be frustrating when people ask questions that have already been provided. I looked through some of the documentation last night but will zero in on the sections you referenced tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Ian