The simFlight Network Forums

calibrating with FSUIPC

I have a registered version of FSUIPC v3.999z9b and not able to calibrate the PFC throttle quadrant.  FSUIPC does not detect one of the throttle axes and therefore I left them assigned in FS2004 but I don't see them operating in FSUIPC's joystick calibration tab, on the throttles page, am I doing something wrong or it's simply not possible to calibrate joysticks if not assigned in FSUIPC?

Thank you so much for any reply

Frank 

I have a registered version of FSUIPC v3.999z9b and not able to calibrate the PFC throttle quadrant. 

Is this the quadrant the serial port type, which needs my driver, PFC.DLL, or a newer USB device of which I am not aware? Is it being by PFC significant in your query?

FSUIPC does not detect one of the throttle axes

Just one? Doesn't the PFC quadrant have up to 6 axes, usable depending upon which front end you fix to the main box? At least, mine looked like that when I had one

Of the possible 6, which doesn't it recognise, and what designation does it give the other <6 axes?

therefore I left them assigned in FS2004

Ah, so I assume the device must be a regular USB joystick device also recognised as such by Windows? In that case, how does FS recognise that axis?  What designation?

I don't see them operating in FSUIPC's joystick calibration tab, on the throttles page

Please tell me exactly what controls in FS you assigned them to, and which one(s) you do not see.

am I doing something wrong or it's simply not possible to calibrate joysticks if not assigned in FSUIPC?

FSUIPC calibration does not operate on axes at all, but on FS controls, so where they are seen in that section depends on which controls were assigned. That's true no matter where they are assigned. In fact the calibration facilities were there a long long time before assignments in FSUIPC were possible.

Finally, it might be a good idea to show me your FSUIPC settings file. This is FSUIPC.INI and it is found in the FS Modules folder. It is a text file and best just pasted into a reply here.

Pete

Pete, thank you so much for your quick reply.

The PFC throttle quadrant is a  USB plug in console, two of the six axes are not detected (misinformed you on my query), windows recognizes all six axes.

FSUIPC recognizes the following: T 1 - joy#0 - axes Z,   T 2- joy#0 - axes Y,   P 1 - no detection,  P 2 - joy#0 - axes R,   M 1 - no detection,   M 2 - joy#0 - axes U

FS recognizes the following:         T 1 - axes 3,               T 2 - axes 4,              P 1 - axes 5,           P 2 - Z rotation,          M 1 - slider                M 2 - axes 8

Here is the .ini file:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=PFC Throttle Quadrant Console
0.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8005-444553540000}
1=PFC USB Pedals
1.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8002-444553540000}
3=PFC Remote Instrument Console
3.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8004-444553540000}
2=PFC Avionics Adaptor
2.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8003-444553540000}
4=PFC USB Joystick
4.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8001-444553540000}

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=3999z9b
WindSmoothing=Yes
AutoTaxiWind=Yes
PropTaxiWind=Yes
TimeSetMode=Partial
WhiteMessages=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
GraduatedVisibility=Yes
LowerVisAltitude=0
UpperVisAltitude=60000
UpperVisibility=6000
GenerateCirrus=Yes
WindShearSharp=No
UpperWindGusts=No
ExtendMetarMaxVis=Yes
CorrectVSsign=Yes
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
AxisInterceptIfDirect=No
DontResetAxes=No
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
AutoClearWeather=Yes
ExtendTopWind=Yes
WindSmoothness=5
SmoothPressure=Yes
PressureSmoothness=5
SmoothVisibility=Yes
VisibilitySmoothness=2
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitude=No
MinimumVisibility=0
MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0
MaximumVisibility=0
MaximumVisibility=0
MaximumVisibility=0
OneCloudLayer=No
ThinClouds=No
ThinThunderClouds=No
CloudThinness=1000
CloudThinness=1000
CloudTurbulence=Yes
CloudIcing=Yes
WindTurbulence=Yes
SuppressAllGusts=No
ExternalOptionControl=Yes
AutoTuneADF=No
KeepFS98CloudCover=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
MagicBattery=Yes
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
StopAutoFuel=No
TrapUserInterrupt=Yes
NavFreq50KHz=Yes
ClockSync=No
SmoothIAS=Yes
SetVisUpperAlt=No
VisUpperAltLimit=6000
MaxIce=3
MinIce=-1
WindSmoothing=Yes
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=No
LimitWindVariance=No
VisSmoothingDelay=0
VisSmoothAirborneOnly=No
TrafficControlDirect=Yes
CloudTurbulence=Yes
WindTurbulence=Yes
SpoilerIncrement=512
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
ZapSound=firework

Again thank your response,
Frank

The PFC throttle quadrant is a  USB plug in console, two of the six axes are not detected (misinformed you on my query), windows recognizes all six axes.

FSUIPC recognizes the following: T 1 - joy#0 - axes Z,   T 2- joy#0 - axes Y,   P 1 - no detection,  P 2 - joy#0 - axes R,   M 1 - no detection,   M 2 - joy#0 - axes U

FS recognizes the following:         T 1 - axes 3,               T 2 - axes 4,              P 1 - axes 5,           P 2 - Z rotation,          M 1 - slider                M 2 - axes 8

Hmm. It looks like two of the axes are not within the 6 (XYZRUV) supported by FSUIPC as axes. It does also support one POV, but only for up to 8 button assignments.

Additional axes, supported by a later version of DirectInput, are supported by FSUIPC4, but you are out of luck woth FSUIPC3 and FS9 I'm afraid.

FS9 is now over 12 years old, and I did continuously maintain development of FSUIPC for it all this time, but, alas, there is no way I'm going to rewrite it now for such an old simulator.

Here is the .ini file:

That shows no attempts whatsoever at assignment or calibration, so it doesn't help at all.

In order to work out why you don't see axes assigned in FS in FSUIPC's Calibration tab, I need to know how you've assigned them in FS (i.e. exactly which described axis), and where you've checked and enabled in FSUIPC's calibration. Since it looks, from the INI, that you've not begun this process in any case. I did ask for this information earlier. If FS is truly assigning all 6 of your axes and they are being assigned to normal control surfaces, then they will be seen and calibratable in FSUIPC.

Pete

Pete, thanks for the update

In FS the throttle quadrant axes are assigned as followed:  T 1 - axes 3,               T 2 - axes 4,              P 1 - axes 5,           P 2 - Z rotation,          M 1 - slider                M 2 - axes 8

In FSUIPC I have assigned and calibrated the Joy stick, rudder, rudder trim and brakes.

When I attempt to calibrate the throttle quadrant in FSUIPC, it tells me that the axes are not processed, moving any of the six levers does not show on the calibration tab, even when I hit the set button.

Perhaps if my attempt to calibrate does not show in the .INI file it's an indication that FSUIPC did not install correctly or I am doing something wrong.

Frank

In FS the throttle quadrant axes are assigned as followed:  T 1 - axes 3,               T 2 - axes 4,              P 1 - axes 5,           P 2 - Z rotation,          M 1 - slider                M 2 - axes 8

You told me all that already. I need to know what you actually assigned them to in FS -- i.e. the words in the assignments dialogue! I have no idea still. :-(

In FSUIPC I have assigned and calibrated the Joy stick, rudder, rudder trim and brakes.

There's no sign of any assignments whatsoever in the INI file you showed me.

Didn't you also calibrate those? How did you assign them -- in other words, in which of the assignment modes provided, and ?to which controls in the drop down list?

When I attempt to calibrate the throttle quadrant in FSUIPC, it tells me that the axes are not processed

It always says that till you press "SET" to start the calibration process.  Did you not read any of the Calibration chapter in the User Guide. There are numbered steps to follow.

I also need to know which calibration section in FSUIPC you are trying to use, eg the page number. There are at least two pages which have throttles.

It is very very difficult to get any information from you. This could take weeks at this rate!

Perhaps if my attempt to calibrate does not show in the .INI file it's an indication that FSUIPC did not install correctly or I am doing something wrong.

If FSUIPC is running then it is installed properly. There's absolutely nothing else to it. It is very simple. It runs if installed, it doesn't if it isn't. The only component to the program is the DLL itself, the part which runs.

Perhaps the INI file you showed me is the wrong one. Perhaps you have more than one installation and are looking in the wrong one? The INI file certainly shows it has detected your devices:

0=PFC Throttle Quadrant Console
0.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8005-444553540000}
1=PFC USB Pedals
1.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8002-444553540000}
3=PFC Remote Instrument Console
3.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8004-444553540000}
2=PFC Avionics Adaptor
2.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8003-444553540000}
4=PFC USB Joystick
4.GUID={7FFE5A50-FEF0-11E5-8001-444553540000}

But that's it. Nothing else.

Maybe you are pressing ESCape or CANCEL when you've done in the options instead of OK, so any settings you make are not saved?

Pete