The simFlight Network Forums

Pan views in P3D

Hi Pete,

I am using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Saitek Cessna Yoke. With both devices I am to stupid to set up the hat switch.

I did exactly how adviced in the manuel page 33 with no success (version 4.949) as the view is only flickering.

Do you have any idea how to solve that?

Thanx

Bjoern

I am using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Saitek Cessna Yoke. With both devices I am to stupid to set up the hat switch.

I did exactly how adviced in the manuel page 33 with no success (version 4.949) as the view is only flickering.

Do you have any idea how to solve that?

Which manual? The FSUIPC User Guide?  It's page 32 in my copy. Are you up to date, FSUIPC 4.95?

Did you try just assigning the Hat to "Pan View" in the Axis assignments dialogue, instead? That's the more normal way these days, now that almost everyone uses "Virtual Cockpit" mode in FS -- the button assignment systems are a fall back for use in the older 2D cockpit views, and also were the only way in any case in FS2004 and before.

FS itself uses Pan view for the hat, if controllers are enabled there.

See the chat under "Delta value", page 42 in the current manual. It isn't covered explcitly anywhere else, because it's a standard FS control, and most of the many hundreds aren't explained either. It would be an awesome undertaking! ;-)

Pete

Thank you Peter. I did update to 4.95 and assigned the Pan View in the axis assignement dialog as I am runnimg in virtuel cockpit mode. But still the Pan View does not work and I am also not able to change the Delta value. If I press the hat switch the view is stuttering :-(

Thank you Peter. I did update to 4.95 and assigned the Pan View in the axis assignement dialog as I am runnimg in virtuel cockpit mode. But still the Pan View does not work and I am also not able to change the Delta value. If I press the hat switch the view is stuttering :sad:

I'm fairly sure the Delta is automatically set to 1 for Pan View and is fixed for good reason.

If your assignment doesn't work, how is the hat doing anything? It sounds like you haven't disabled controllers in FS. You must either use FS or FSUIPC, not both.

Or perhaps you also still have the hat buttons assigned (the stuff you said you did originally)? They'd fight each other if so.

Pete

The Delta is det to -1 in nutral an set to 90 switch right, 180 switch down and 270 switch left. I did disable the joystick in Prepared and also deleted all assignements in the sim (not in FSUIPC). The hat buttons are only assigned in the axis dialog. If I try it for example in the AS320 nothing happens at all.

The Delta is det to -1 in nutral an set to 90 switch right, 180 switch down and 270 switch left. I did disable the joystick in Prepared and also deleted all assignements in the sim (not in FSUIPC). The hat buttons are only assigned in the axis dialog. If I try it for example in the AS320 nothing happens at all.

The Delta cannot be set to -1. It can only be a positive number. You are reading the input and output values, not the Delta. The output value of -1 means the Hat is central, or released. The Delta actually is set to 0 for hats (POVs), not 1 as I previously said. I just checked. And you can't change it for hats.

And in the Axis dialog there are no "buttons". The POV is an axis, and very good ones can return all values from 0 to 359. Simple ones only return the 4 directions, better ones 8 directions (at 45 degree intervals).

It doesn't matter what they return. FSUIPC passes the value directly through to FS in the Pan View control. It is EXACTLY the same as letting FS do it, no difference whatsoever. Did you scroll through the "Send to FS as normal axis" list and select Pan view?

Also, you do not need to delete any assignments in the sim, just disable controllers. It is one checkmark.

Pete

Ok. Then it's to do with the plane. Try a default aircraft, and make sure it is in Virtual Cockpit mode.

FSUIPC isn't really involved here. When you assign to an FS control, all that happens is that the control is sent to FS -- after that it is up to it. There's actually no difference to assigning in FS. The only advantage in FSUIPC is that you can have different assignments for different aircraft profiles.

Pete

BTW, if you want to convince yourself that FSUIPC is indeed doing the same as an assignment in FS would do, just enable Axis logging in FSUIPC's logging tab. Compare the logging of PAN VIEW events between the two ways of assigning.

The log file is FSUIPC4.LOG, in the FS Modules folder. It's a simple text file. Or, if you (temporarily) run FS in Windowed mode, you can check the "Console Log" option on the Logging tab and see the log results in real time, as you operate the hat.

Pete