The simFlight Network Forums

Key Activation Confusion

Hi,

On 2nd April 2016 I bought online from Simmarket, FSUIPC4 (Update/Discount) with FSUIPC4 Key XXXXXXXXXXXX. Whilst downloaded and saved I did not attempt to install until early May. Then on your forum I found the product update Version 4.95 of FSUIPC4.dll. replacing that on my April order.

Downloaded v.4.95 and installed with my FSX Gold Edition without any apparent problems and installation went OK. However when it came to registering my Key was rejected. Which presented me with the following questions :-

1) Do Keys expire after a limited time ?

2) If not then why cannot use it on the latest v.4.95 ?

3) I cannot open the Key file in the FSX Modules folder. What common text editor will work?

Hence confused, although years ago I had FSUIPC on FS2002 & 2004 which ran without any hitches and was brilliant. As I'm now 75+ I must blame this current problem on my age/and Modern Computer running Windows 7 - Pro - 64 bit..

Tried to forward a copy of my install log but was refused.

Hope you can assist, so I can 'fly' again. Thanks

On 2nd April 2016 I bought online from Simmarket, FSUIPC4 (Update/Discount) with FSUIPC4 Key ############ Whilst downloaded and saved I did not attempt to install until early May. Then on your forum I found the product update Version 4.95 of FSUIPC4.dll. replacing that on my April order.

Please NEVER EVER reveal your key, or it will have to be invalidated. I have obscured it in your message.

Your order is never for a specific version, other than distinguishing between FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4, not for any individual version of it You are expected to keep it up to date.

Downloaded v.4.95 and installed with my FSX Gold Edition without any apparent problems and installation went OK. However when it came to registering my Key was rejected. Which presented me with the following questions :-

If your key is rejected by the Installer then you are probably making a mistake -- as instructed in the Installing and Registering document included in the downloaded ZIP, you must enter all three parts, name, email and key, exactly as per your registration at SimMarket. As suggested, it is best to use cut-and-paste for this to avoid small errors.

The only other reason could be an incorrect system date set on your PC, one before the date of purchase. That makes the key look invalid too.

Your questions:

1) Do Keys expire after a limited time ?

No, they are valid for all versions and forever. Lifetime updates included.

2) If not then why cannot use it on the latest v.4.95 ?

See above. Have you used it before? You seem to imply not.

3) I cannot open the Key file in the FSX Modules folder. What common text editor will work?

It is a common text file. Do not double-click to open it, just select it in a common editor or drag and drop it in. If you need to send it to me (but not here, by private email only) you'd need to rename it, as KEY files are generally regarded as dangerous by email systems.

As I'm now 75+ I must blame this current problem on my age/and Modern Computer running Windows 7 - Pro - 64 bit..

No, age is no excuse these days, when 70 is the new 50. I am almost 73 myself! ;-)

Tried to forward a copy of my install log but was refused.

Best for text files like that just to paste them into a message. If you use the <> button ast the top of the edit area here it will allow you to enclose them neatly to retain formatting.

In any case, the Install Log would only tell me that your Registration failed, not which error you are making.

Pete