The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.9x not working with SAITEK X55 and P3wD2.5

When i originally installed this it, worked, It now will not read NY of my throttle or stick buttons or axis. i heave tried installing the SAITEK x-55 64 bit Win 10 driver, and when this did not work the mad catz beta driver, still no , luick, can youj advise (baby steps, p;ease, not that literate with w10) Thanks

When i originally installed this it, worked, It now will not read NY of my throttle or stick buttons or axis. i heave tried installing the SAITEK x-55 64 bit Win 10 driver, and when this did not work the mad catz beta driver, still no , luick, can youj advise (baby steps, p;ease, not that literate with w10) Thanks

FSUIPC uses the same Windows methods to read joysticks as FS and P3D. Does P3D see it? What have you changed since it worked? If nothing, it sounds like it is broken.

What do you mean by "4.9x" for the FSUIPC version number. That's too vague. There have been many 4.9x releases! And if it isn't at least 4.95, then it isn't supported.

If the hardware is okay then I expect it's the Saitek driver. Try uninstalling it and just using the Windows default drivers. Saitek do seem to have a lot of problems.

There's no "steps" to take, baby or otherwise. It is isn't seen then it can't be used.

Pete

Still not recognising my stick and throttle. I am running 4.95 FSX/P3d latest release, registered, I have removed the Saitek drivers, down a power off restart, still zilch

As I said, if P3D doesn't see it, neither can FSUIPC. Does Windows even see it? Is it identified in the Device Manager in Control Panel? Can you calibrate it in Windows?

You didn't even answer my previous questions! Here, I'll repeat my very first paragraph, highlighting the questions you missed:

FSUIPC uses the same Windows methods to read joysticks as FS and P3D. Does P3D see it? What have you changed since it worked? If nothing, it sounds like it is broken.

I don't use Saitek. I don't actually like their stuff. But there is nothing Saitek specific in FSUIPC at all. It just uses standard Windows joystick facilities in DirectInput.  

You could also look in the FSUIPC4.INI file (in the P3D Modules folder), see if the [JoyNames] section lsts it, and in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, also there, to see if it gets scanned on loading.

Pete

The stick is new and works in Rise of Flght Combat Flight Simulator 3 , and Wings Over Flander's Fields 2. One thing does occur I have a couple of versions oof simocnnect on, needed to run the manfred Jahn C47 v2, could that be doing it?

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
0.GUID={85CDDD60-DBAB-11E5-8003-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={85CDDD60-DBAB-11E5-8001-444553540000}

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

[buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10

62 Trying H:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
       62 Found it: trying to connect
       62 FS path = "H:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
      234 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      234 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      234    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      234    Vendor=0738, Product=A215 (Version 0.119)
      234    Serial Number= G0000161
      234 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      234    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      234    Vendor=0738, Product=2215 (Version 0.87)
      234    Serial Number= G0003783

Are those file extracts from currently dated files, ones generated since you had the problem? (Check the file date/time).

If so, then the two X55 devices ARE being seen, the Stick is ID 0, the Throttle ID 1. So it looks okay, they are both seen.  They should be seen in P3D too.

If there's then no response in P3D or FSUIPC to button presses or axis movements, then I would have thought that the device must be broken. The USB connection must be okay because it is identifying itself.  However, you say that it works in other programs. So it doesn't make sense -- unless those other two programs use the old joystick API, the one used before DirectInput became standard. (FSUIPC3 for FS9 and earlier uses the old interface). If that is working but DirectInput is not, it sounds like it could be a DirectX installation bug in your system.

So try finding a DirectX update on the web and apply that.

One thing does occur I have a couple of versions oof simocnnect on, needed to run the manfred Jahn C47 v2, could that be doing it?

No. You can have all the available versions of SimConnect installed. Each add-on program selected the one it was built with. It's called the Windows side-by-side library system (WinSxS), and applies to multiple versions of many types of libraries.

Sorry, apart from trying to fix DirectX, I'm afraid you'll need now to deal with Saitek support or Lockheed-martin. As I've said several times, if P3D can't see the buttons and axes, neither can FSUIPC as they use pretty much the exact same methods. I can't really help further.

Pete

Thanks. pete. will try directx. I don't think the stick is broken, the first one i had worked fine, and then buttons topped working with ANY program1 it WAS broken, and this is the replacement The files are from whne I had the problem, nmy DirectX version is 12