The simFlight Network Forums
angelooo23

problem with fsx booster and more

hi first ( SORY for my very bad enlish i try my best...!!!) my problem is today i buy the fsx booster 2013  and the Sim physics and the multicore from fsps site !! i buy the steam version from this programs because i have my fsx on steam !!! fsx se ....with fsx booster my problem is the program never find the cfg file ... and dont work all the time i got message if i put fly now button ( cfg file missing plz restart the fsx booster after restart the same problem again ...!!! ) now with Sim physhics same the program i make normal setup like the manual ... alla fine i finishe setup i open the sim physics exe and say fsx version not connected and same no work with my fsx ... the multicore 1 i dont testit yet because i dont undertsant what i can do with this program i need more time to understant ... plz help  any solution !!!! i hope soon somone help me out thanks !!! respect from greece guys looks veri good programs i just wait for help !~!!

I am very interested if you managed to solve the issue. I have seen this error. Support helped launch the FSX Booster, but following the recommendations I have lost the ability to use add-ons that requere SimConnect

This is very good news. However, I already made a refund. However, I'm happy to buy it again, if I am sure that the problem is resolved. So I want to clarify. Is acceptably that fsx.cfg is placed in "...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" folder for Steam Edition FSX? Last time Booster were required "...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\" folder.

Please understand me correctly. I already have bad experiences dealing with this problem. I just want to know what you mean when talking about a " that fix those errors".

Last time I got the following recommendations fro support:

regedit:

DELETE (or rename - to be sure you won't loose anything crucial) the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DovetailGames
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator

Close regedit.
-----------

Then go to windows explorer at:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

You will see probably two folders there named FSX and FSX-SE. (or only one) 
Archive them for safety somewhere (i.e. in a zip or rar file) and then DELETE them both.

---------

Start afterwards FSX Steam Edition. It should create a new folder inside C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft named FSX-SE. If yes that's what we want. Else report back.

The FSX-SE settings are all now reset and you will have to reconfigure everything (Like graphics , sounds etc). You will may also need to reinstall some elements that make changes in fsx.cfg like FSUIPC or ActiveSky etc.

Start afterwards (with fsx closed again) Booster. It should work without problem. 

Please report back.That's not the problem. As we can see in the log, the registry positions for both FSX old and FSX Steam are the same (both pointing to FSX SE position.) This creates the conflict.

However, this method is incorrect: it allows you to use the booster but not allow to use some other add-ons. So I want to know whether there is a new solution of the discussed problem. Again please understand me correctly.

Edited by evasya

I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition"

And after installation I see these folders:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\

...\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

...\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\