The simFlight Network Forums

Reserved Offset Request

Hello Pete,

I write and support a glass avionics package for 737 and 777 (CrgSim).  After using SimConnect for years I switched to FSUIPC and now have the need to provide a data path through FSUIPC for those wanting to send/receive data with LUA. Do you have a 32 byte offset that can be reserved for CrgSim?

Thanks and Regards

Chuck

• 4 years later...

I have discovered a small problem with CrgSim in that the Left Nav display reacts correctly but the right display doesn't respond to either of the VOR/ADF switches , the Range setting , the ARPT, STA orWPT functions. The left display works as it should. I know the right display is receiving data as it responds to the Mode setting and centre/ normal functions. Settings are correct in the Coms Manager.

I have been unable to find an email or website for Chalk River Graphics to ask Chuck, so any help would be useful.

Has anyone any ideas or clues as to why this is so ??

Phil Endean

1 hour ago, Phil4125 said:

I have discovered a small problem with CrgSim

You posted in a thread entitled Reserved Offset Request

What does your question have to do with that? Or even FSUIPC or any software supported here?

If you can't find the specific support forum or email address for your hardware or software (I've no idea what it is you are talking about!) I think you will probably need to post -- with more details AND a properly descriptive thread title -- on a more general forum, such as one of those on AVSIM, and hope that someone there recognises what it is.

Pete

22 minutes ago, Phil4125 said:

Just wondered if anyone here knew what the issue is

In that case you should have posted with a title which might be noticed by such a person. "Reserved Offset Request" is unlikely to.

Does this hardware or software, whatever it is, use FSUIPC at all?

Pete

• 2 years later...

Now setting up CRGSIM with FSUIPC I find CRGSIM was abandoned. Searching and searching I have come to this on May 18, 2016 ::: Reserved Offset Request . (https://forum.simflight.com/topic/81510-reserved-offset-request/#comment-491342).

If you are kind and I can contact to know some information.

I have some data from CRGSIM it uses the offsets from FSUIPC 7801 to 781F.

When activating LNAV and VNAV in crgsim CDU I read their ON/OFF status in FSUIPC offset 7805, but when I write in fsuipc offset 781F it is not activated in CDU.

this is my problem. It may not be shipped with FSUIPC correctly to activate CRGSIM.

I do not know if @Pete Dowsonwho was involved, will be able to help me.

Thank you for your collaborations.

Edited by Partel

10 hours ago, Partel said:

When activating LNAV and VNAV in crgsim CDU I read their ON/OFF status in FSUIPC offset 7805, but when I write in fsuipc offset 781F it is not activated in CDU.

I still don't know what FS you are using and what version of FSUIPC (FSX with FSUIPC4?), but there is nothing in FSUIPC related to those offsets. They are in an area reserved for various people / systems, and I cannot see anything related to CRGSIM - although that may use that area. What makes you think that writing to that offset should activate LNAV / VNAV?

Have you tried using any of the standard controls (GPS VNAV Button maybe...) - or, better, activate logging for Events (non-axis controls) and see what is logged (in your FSUIPC4.log file) when you activate LNAV and VNAV and try using that. Alternatively, you could try listing the available lvars (local panel variables) to see if any of those look applicable.

Sorry I can't be of further assistance - you may have be better asking about this on avsim where other CRGSIM users may be able to help...

John

• 2 weeks later...

What makes you think that writing to that offset should activate LNAV / VNAV?

It is information published in its day by crgsim, manuals and complementary information.

For this reason I try to find some other information about the reserved zone, from this same thread, I deduce that @Chuck100 and @Pete Dowson were involved.

You are absolutely right, Important information I forgot to post : I use FSX sp2 with FSUIPC4.

Thanks for your advice, I will try your advice.

Partel.