The simFlight Network Forums
Bill Womack

Viva.dll updated for P3D 3.3

Thanks Bill,  LM released a hotfix yesterday.  The new dll works with the hotfix if you select run once when you receive the warning about the dll not being compatible.  I know it's hard to keep up with all the changes.

My sentiments exactly!  ASN and Orbx just fixed the fix also and IS3 will follow suite one day.  I wouldn't expect another L/M update until version 4.

The viva server has been updated. If you get the incompatibility message when starting P3D, click "check online" and it should run smoothly after that.

OK Bill,  I'll give it a go.  If you don't hear from me, it's good.

OK Bill, all is well with P3Dv3.3.5.17625  That's P3Dv3.3 with the latest hotfix.

Edited by dexthom1

Hi guys!

When I click check online it requests me to go and download the viva_p3d.dll online, which I just did.

One quick question? Is this dll really required to run the scenery? What would happen if choosing not to run it? 

Still got the mesh issues, but I love this scenery.

Thanks

Just now, zazaboeing said:

Hi guys!

When I click check online it requests me to go and download the viva_p3d.dll online, which I just did.

One quick question? Is this dll really required to run the scenery? What would happen if choosing not to run it? 

Still got the mesh issues, but I love this scenery.

Thanks

Viva.dll controls the appearance of the grass, trees, and various vegetation around the airport, not only placing it, but changing its appearance seasonally. You can run without it, but all the greenery (except the autogen trees) will disappear, as will the stairs leading to the float hangar. That last bit - the stairs - may have to come out soon anyway though. I've been working on a fix for the mesh issues, and in doing so I've discovered that the high-res terrain I've downloaded makes the island considerably flatter, so stairs might not be necessary.

Hi Bill, sorry to ask again about this, but has anything changed with viva dll, because mine still doesn't work with the latest P3d 3.3.5, and I have to disable it via dll.xml so P3d won't crash upon start up.

Nothing has changed with viva.dll, but P3D has once again sub-versioned up. I have 3.3.3, and it works fine. If it's crashing with 3.3.5, then you and I both are waiting for a new version of viva to roll out from the developer. As soon as it's available, I'll put up a post on the forum. I know it's a bit confounding, but we're stuck in this upgrade arms race for the time being. I'll ask the dev to check and see if an update is required.

zazaboeing,

The viva developer says the module should work fine in P3D 3.3.5. When you start P3D, do you get the pop-up asking you to check online for module compatibility? If you do, click the "Check online" button. It should fix itself.

Bill