The simFlight Network Forums

Tiller programming

MOVED TO SUPPORT FORUM!

Hi Pete

I am having problems with programming.  I am using FSX.  My yoke is programmed in FSX. I am trying to program the tiller in fsuipc but it is shuddering violently.  In fsuipc the tiller uses X but I notice in fsx it uses z.  I have tried deleting it in controls but it hasn't helped.  I have read every post on the subject but am none the wiser.  Your assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by Pete Dowson
Posted in wrong place!

16 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

I am trying to program the tiller in fsuipc but it is shuddering violently.  In fsuipc the tiller uses X but I notice in fsx it uses z.

First please ALWAYS only post new support questions to the Support Forum, here. You posted in User Contributions, which actually is for User Contributions, not user problems and questions!

It sounds very much like you have both FSX and FSUIPC processing your controllers. NEVER have assignments in FSUIPC if you are assigning in FS. If you assign in FSUIPC, disable controllers in FS!

The axis names used in FSUIPC are those by which the axes are known and also actually labelled in the DirectInput Windows programming interface for joysticks. I doubt that FS is using incorrect names, so it sounds like you have dual assignments.

Note that FSUIPC's steering control is actually a separate control, which can be assigned in FSUIPC, but the direct programming axis FSUIPC provides is actually using the RUDDER, not the FSX Steering Axis (which was new to FSX). The FSUIPC documented feature for transitioning from tiller to rudder control with increasing ground speed only applies when using the rudder-based FSUIPC direct  axis.

Pete