The simFlight Network Forums

Position of addon menu windows

Hi,

I want to ask you if is possible (using mce.ini or other thinks) preset a position and dimension of add-on menu into FSX SE, like PRO ATCx menu, or GSX menu, because every time I see a random dimension and position of these menu when I recall them..

regards'

bye

Rudy

1 hour ago, bradimarte said:

I want to ask you if is possible (using mce.ini or other thinks) preset a position and dimension of add-on menu into FSX SE, like PRO ATCx menu, or GSX menu, because every time I see a random dimension and position of these menu when I recall them..

Can you clarify what add-on menus you are talking about? The built-in FS menus are like any Windows app, brought down from the fixed position menu bars, and the don't go ti "random  sizes and positions", and the ProATC/X and GSX menus are like the built-in ATC menu (made the same way by SimConnect-controlled FS functions) and always appear central and of standard size unless you've moved them yourself.

Pete

Sorry,

I mistake, because the GSX or PRO ATC X change only the dimension and not the position, and is for this that I want to fix them in a my prefer dimension and why not in my prefer position (not center but in a corner of the screen)

Rudy

1 minute ago, bradimarte said:

I mistake, because the GSX or PRO ATC X change only the dimension and not the position, and is for this that I want to fix them in a my prefer dimension

I think the size is determined automatically to best fit the content.

All this is part of the FS functionality. It isn't really a user option.

Pete

I think you can resize/position them and save your flight to keep this. If you do this for all your saved flights (especially the default flight), you should get the behaviour your want.
 Actually you may only have to save it once and then copy the [Atc_Menu] section of your .FLT files.

(of course this assumes that GSX and PRO ATC X use this coordinates, too, which I don't know)

for Thomas: I have tried what you said but without any good result

for Peter: most probably you are right, but then what means that I have in fsuipc4.ini the following section ?

[Window.AirHauler Message]
Docked=315, 2949, 3517, 2416

isn't for to positioning the AH Windows ?

obviously I use also the AirHauler add-on :-)

46 minutes ago, bradimarte said:

what means that I have in fsuipc4.ini the following section ?

[Window.AirHauler Message]
Docked=315, 2949, 3517, 2416
isn't for to positioning the AH Windows ?

Yes, but this is for a window created by FSUIPC on request of that program. FSUIPC uses direct calls into parts of FS to get them created for it, and it can remember and re-establish positions and sizes.

GSX and ProATC/X don't use FSUIPC for those menus, they use SimConnect. Maybe some SimConnect windows do have positions and sizes saved in the Flight files -- did you check? -- but if not I think they are simply sized and positioned by SimConnect automatically.  The functions supported by SimConnect for this do not allow for these things to be specified by the programs.

Pete