The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Programming

Hi Pete

I have spent half an hour trying to find the correct heading under which to post this.  I see no heading for support.  I can't even find the posts I made yesterday!

I still have problems with programming.  I programmed the Ailerons on X ok but when I tried to do the same for the elevator it would not give me a Y axis.  I have disabled the controllers in fs.

regards

Martin

5 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

I have spent half an hour trying to find the correct heading under which to post this.  I see no heading for support.

This is the Support Forum. All of the links in my programs, documentation, on the download sites, everywhere, point here.

5 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

I can't even find the posts I made yesterday!

The latest are at the top, and they are in order thereafter. You can always find links to all the posts you made, as in most Forums of this nature -- just click on your log-in name, top right, choose Profile.

6 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

I still have problems with programming.  I programmed the Ailerons on X ok but when I tried to do the same for the elevator it would not give me a Y axis

When you say "programming" I assume here you mean simple assignment?  Are you saying it remains blank when you move your elevator axis? Or simply that X appears again? If the latter it is merely because your X axis is more sensitive or is jittering a little when you move the elevator. Just use the Ignore to temporarily ignore that axis (it only lasts this visit), then rescan, as documented in the User Guide.

Pete

42 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

I've been at this for three weeks now

Did you not read the part I mentioned just? Seems a long long time without reference to provided documentation.

43 minutes ago, 23chantry23 said:

How can I be sure that fsuipc is not inputing?

If it isn't assigned it isn't scanning it. If you want me to check your settings, just cut and paste your FSUIPC4.INI file into a message here. You'll find it, as with all things to do with FSUIPC, in the Modules folder.

Note also that there is often no point assigning things in FSUIPC if you have all you need in FS. Themain point of FSUIPC assignmetn, apart from supporting some functions not listed by FS, is to enable different assignmetns for different aircraft types -- yokes vs sticks, for example.

Also, you do NOT have to assign in FSUIPC to use FSUIPC calibration -- the calibration works on exis commands not on joysticks, so works no matter where you assign.

Pete

3 hours ago, 23chantry23 said:

I've got most sorted in fs ok, except the rudder which is locked to one side.  I need to assign the rudder and tiller in fs but not sure how to do this as I am not using pedals.

You have axes assigned in FSUIPC, so what are you doing enabling controllers in FS? You MUST choose one or the other!

Furthermore you even have duplicate assignments in FSUIPC. You could have seen this yourself:

0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=0R,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
3=0U,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
4=0S,256,D,36,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: SteeringTiller }-
5=0T,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
6=1X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-

Devices are:

1=BU0836 Interface
0=Plasma-MM2
2=Plasma-MM2

I've no idea what a "Plasma MM2" is, and I assume you have your own stuff connected via the Bodnar board, but as you can see you have two assignments to Aileron, one on the Bodnar, one on the first MM2, ands 3 (THREE!) assignments to the elevator -- two on the Bodnar, and one on the first MM2.  Now this can work -- FSUIPC arbitrates between multiple assignments and uses the one with the most deflection -- but is that what you intended? I can understand 2, for a dual cockpit, but 3 seems excessive.

You don't have anything assigned to the second MM2 in FSUIPC.

You DO have assignments to both rudder and tiller, in FSUIPC, ad so the Bodnar board.

Not only are these things assigned, but they are also calibrated, so you've evidently got them working already:

SteeringTiller=-16380,-512,512,16383
Rudder=-675,-675,-675,-675
SlopeSteeringTiller=9
Aileron=0,1264,16383,16383/8
Elevator=13723,13723,13723,16380

However, the Rudder calibration is completely wrong -- I'm not surprised is remains locked over in one position. Also the Aileron is calibated with only one side working, and the elevator calibrated with only the other side working.

You obviously have not bothered to follow the documented steps to proper calibration as laid down in the User Guide!

The tiller calibration is defaulted, though you've set quite an extreme sensitiivity slope.

There's no point in providing the FS assignments file. I assume, as you are assigning in FSUIPC, that you've switched controllers off in FS. The file doesn't tell me either way.

Pete