The simFlight Network Forums

Help with key pres programming

Hi,

After reading the user manual figured out how to program multiple keys in sequence when a joystock button is pressed.

i am trying to achieve, the push back sequence from GSX, by adding sequence of keys  ctrl+F12, 5,1 based on a joystick button press. this is to pick options in the gsx pop up window menu.

when i press the joystick button, on the first sequence is recognised, the 5 and the 1 do not seem to work.

i dont know if the sequences are too fast for gsx, s thare a way to introduce a pause in between the key sequences ?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

i am trying to achieve, the push back sequence from GSX, by adding sequence of keys  ctrl+F12, 5,1 based on a joystick button press. this is to pick options in the gsx pop up window menu.

when i press the joystick button, on the first sequence is recognised, the 5 and the 1 do not seem to work.

I don't think the keypress option will work once focus is in those Menus. I think you may need to use the controls accepted by SimConnect. Try assigning to the FS controls called Atc menu 5 and Atc menu 1. I can't guarantee those will work either, but worth a try. If you are editing the INI file then instead of the "Kn,8" assignments use "C66176,0" for the 5 and "C66172,0" for the 1. I know they are labelled as "ATC" responses, but the ATC menu is using the same mechanism as the GSX one, so there's a chance at least.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't think the keypress option will work once focus is in those Menus. I think you may need to use the controls accepted by SimConnect. Try assigning to the FS controls called Atc menu 5 and Atc menu 1. I can't guarantee those will work either, but worth a try. If you are editing the INI file then instead of the "Kn,8" assignments use "C66176,0" for the 5 and "C66172,0" for the 1. I know they are labelled as "ATC" responses, but the ATC menu is using the same mechanism as the GSX one, so there's a chance at least.

Pete

Thanks for the quick response Pete.

will give it a try and see.

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Tried your suggestion and it didnt work.

3 hours ago, ozflyer said:

Tried your suggestion and it didnt work.

I've checked here to see what I do in my cockpit programming. I do send keypresses  to select GSX and ProATC/X menu items, and they work fine, with the numbers 0-9.  I just have a separate button to invoke the menu then the normal choice 0-9 on other buttons (these are actually on a touch screen using the  Button Screen facilities in WideFS). 

If the original sequence you programmed didn't work then either you have something wrong there, or it needs some delay between the key presses. (I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the case at least after the Ctrl+F12 to allow the menu to be created -- SimConnect probably misses the choices thereafter).

To check the former possibility, please show me the [Buttons] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file which you edited.

To handle the latter isn't possible with only assignments I'm afraid -- although it might be worth sending the "Ctrl+F12" on the press and the 5, 1 on the Release. If that doesn't work then the only way would be to use a Lua plug-in to send the keypresses, and instigate that by your button.

Pete