The simFlight Network Forums

Applications not interfacing with FSUIPC

I've had FSUIPC installed in FSX-SE before, and it's worked. I've had P3D v2 for a while but just got around to installing FSUIPC. While it loads and shows up in the menu in P3D, applications like vUACARS and FSXWX don't interface with it. It seems to work in the sim but not outside of the sim. This is really frustrating since I've had it working before. It's just the free version. I've tried 4.955c and 4.494p and neither works. The latter I've used before and it works and I found an installer for it laying around. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, achmed said:

I've had FSUIPC installed in FSX-SE before, and it's worked. I've had P3D v2 for a while but just got around to installing FSUIPC. While it loads and shows up in the menu in P3D, applications like vUACARS and FSXWX don't interface with it.

There is no difference to the interface FSUIPC presents to applications whether it is running in FSX, FSX-SE or P3D (or even FS98, FS2000, FS20002, CFS1 or CFS2)! Maybe those programs check whethe rit is FSX or P3D and make their own decision, but this is unusual, and all the programs I know which use FSUIPC run fine independently on whether it is with FSX or P3D.

3 hours ago, achmed said:

It's just the free version.

There are NOT two versions, "free" and otherwise. It is identical. The only things purchasing it gives you are the User Facilities. Registration enables those which are otherwise locked.

I think you need to contact Support for those two programs. Oh, and make sure you are not running P3D "as administrator" and those programs not, or vice versa, because programs of different privilege levels can't talk to each other.

If you want me to check FSUIPC is running okay you need to find the FSUIPC4.log file in the P3D Modules folder, and paste its contents here. Please close P3D first.

Pete

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

There is no difference to the interface FSUIPC presents to applications whether it is running in FSX, FSX-SE or P3D (or even FS98, FS2000, FS20002, CFS1 or CFS2)! Maybe those programs check whethe rit is FSX or P3D and make their own decision, but this is unusual, and all the programs I know which use FSUIPC run fine independently on whether it is with FSX or P3D.

There are NOT two versions, "free" and otherwise. It is identical. The only things purchasing it gives you are the User Facilities. Registration enables those which are otherwise locked.

I think you need to contact Support for those two programs. Oh, and make sure you are not running P3D "as administrator" and those programs not, or vice versa, because programs of different privilege levels can't talk to each other.

If you want me to check FSUIPC is running okay you need to find the FSUIPC4.log file in the P3D Modules folder, and paste its contents here. Please close P3D first.

Pete

I've tried running both P3D and the other applications as an admin, no profit. I've also installed it into FSX-SE and it no longer works. I know that both applications work because they work with XPUIPC, which is the FSUIPC equivalent of X-Plane (it spoofs FSUIPC).

Here is my log file:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.955c (14th June 2016) by Pete Dowson *********
Windows version reported as 6.2.?.9200
Prepar3D.exe version = 2.4.11570.0
Reading options from "E:\P3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 8.0 or later
Module base=19CF0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
      688 System time = 24/06/2016 10:16:38
      688 FLT path = "C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
      688 ------ Module Version Check ------
      688        acontain.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688             api.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688        controls.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688      fs-traffic.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688             G3D.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688        language.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688            sim1.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688        visualfx.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688         weather.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688          window.dll: 2.4.11570.0
      688 ----------------------------------
      688 Trying E:\P3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      688 Found it: trying to connect
      688 FS path = "E:\P3D\"
      797 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      797 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      797 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      797 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      797 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      797 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      797 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      797 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed
      797 --- All links checked okay
      797 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      797 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      797 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
     2750 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2", Version: 2.4.11570.0 (SimConnect: 2.4.0.0)
     2750 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     2750 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     2766 E:\P3D\FLIGHTS\OTHER\Prepar3D.fxml
     2766 E:\P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\F35A\F-35A.air
    46141 System time = 24/06/2016 10:17:24, Simulator time = 15:56:47 (19:56Z)
    47110 Starting everything now ...
    48297 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

5 hours ago, achmed said:

I've tried running both P3D and the other applications as an admin, no profit.

It is n't relevant -- the point is they must be run in the same way.

5 hours ago, achmed said:

Here is my log file

Not really as I asked. I said to close P3D first.

1 hour ago, achmed said:

Not sure what I did, but somehow they've both started to work.

Good. Saves you going to their support forums.

Pete