The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ looses Nav track

mllgrennman

i just did a flight with about 12 waypoints...(KORD-KLGA) it tracked the first one right...but when it came to the next one it turned to intercept...and never stopped turning...just went in circles...i deleted that waypoint and it tracked ok to the next one...then when that waypoint was reached it turned to intercept the new one...and just kept turning again...it did this whole flight...is this a tech problem or am i flying it wrong?

i did a reinstall just before the problem flight....i just did another flight and she was fine...i wish i knew what caused it before so i can make sure it doesnt happen again...i think it may have something to do with the SPD/CMD sections going dotted with no information???

what does the SPD/CMD section mean?

Interesting problem, 3 questions.

1. Can you post the route? If there's no obvious issue I'll see if I can recreate it.

2. Do you have any mods which are meant to affect all aircraft? Like Accu-Feel or SimPhysics?

3. Have you modified the configuration file of the ERJ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

At this stage of the flight PF3 should only set altitudes in the AP, nothing else. Heading and speed are only set on approach.

To confirm this, can you try setting the altitude by some other external means? For example with PW372 Radio Stack (there is a demo available) from an Android phone, or by some other program which can set the AP altitude via FSUIPC.

On 12/14/2016 at 3:00 AM, ThomasAH said:

At this stage of the flight PF3 should only set altitudes in the AP, nothing else. Heading and speed are only set on approach.

To confirm this, can you try setting the altitude by some other external means?

no confirmation needed...PF3 sets AP well...but for some reason...the feelthere embraer planes lose track when PF3 co-pilot controls AP...ive done it back and forth many times...and its the combination....ive asked many times how the plane generates the spd/cmd data...but i still havent gotten an answer