The simFlight Network Forums

E-Jet 195 Nose Attitude Too Hight When Landing

kmanning

I have the E-Jet 195 and when approaching the airport at the V-ref speed, the nose attitude is extremely too high. According to the landing chart, at a weight of about 109,000 lbs, the V-ref speed is 130 knots. I used the V-ref + 5 knots, so I approached the airport at 135 knots. But the nose attitude of the airplane is up about 5 degrees, which seems to me, is extremely high. Most jetliners have a normal nose up attitude of about 2 degrees, and during the flare, the nose is at about 5 or 6 degrees. But during the approach in the E-Jet 195, the nose up attitude is about 5 degrees or more. This seems to me to be too high and after a transition to a flare, the nose is up almost 8 or 9 degrees. I've noticed that one of the V-ref speeds is not correct, and makes me wonder if several are not correct, or the airplane is not designed correctly.

Ken.