The simFlight Network Forums

Updated E-Jets V3 In The Future?

Hightower

Going to go out on a limb here and poke to see if there is any updates or better yet a completely redone Ejets coming as in V3 in the near future. While the Ejets V2 were great for its time and they are still functional, they are really looking outdated and old. I think there is now and would be a whole lot of interest to support a completely revamped edition for prepar3d v3 +.

Any word on this?

On 7/11/2016 at 5:22 AM, FeelThere said:

This is something we are thinking about at the moment.

Well thats good to hear at least. I was kinda hoping something more than "thinking about" and you were well into development with release very soon. :)

But you have my vote to go ahead.

On ‎16‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 7:49 PM, Hightower said:

Well thats good to hear at least. I was kinda hoping something more than "thinking about" and you were well into development with release very soon. :)

But you have my vote to go ahead.

It's actually more than I expected when I first saw your initial post.

The flightdynamics and system are still really good, but I have to agree that an up-to-date graphic VC (with 2 HUDs in the VC) and maybe an RAAS-option would be the icing on the cake.

Wonderful plane - 'already' in version two. Great work!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2016 at 2:22 PM, FeelThere said:

This is something we are thinking about at the moment.

Has the thought transpired to anything further yet?  Would be great to have even V2 just updated graphically and fix a few things to make it compatible with p3d v3. I fly the E Jets in Xplane but its not my go to sim and would much rather stick to p3d.  

Kind Regards

Agree it would be nice to have an updated release, but E-Jets v2 already works in P3D v3. It's not officially supported in P3D, but just be sure to install it as administrator, and for simplicity use the Migration Tool for the installation. The only hiccup I have found is that when saving a flight it adds a very large number of extra lines at the end of the save file, the one saved in My Documents, Prepar3D files. 

If not amended, this causes P3D to crash when loading a saved flight.  Simple solution, after saving a flight, just open the save file, in Notepad, delete the extra unwanted lines and resave the amended file. These extra lines relate to some testing process for the ERJ and are nothing to do with the E-Jets. I don't know why they appear. The corrected file should end with the line <simbase document>. Then you should be able to enjoy the E-Jets in P3D.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:55 PM, Biggles2010 said:

Agree it would be nice to have an updated release, but E-Jets v2 already works in P3D v3. It's not officially supported in P3D, but just be sure to install it as administrator, and for simplicity use the Migration Tool for the installation. The only hiccup I have found is that when saving a flight it adds a very large number of extra lines at the end of the save file, the one saved in My Documents, Prepar3D files. 

If not amended, this causes P3D to crash when loading a saved flight.  Simple solution, after saving a flight, just open the save file, in Notepad, delete the extra unwanted lines and resave the amended file. These extra lines relate to some testing process for the ERJ and are nothing to do with the E-Jets. I don't know why they appear. The corrected file should end with the line <simbase document>. Then you should be able to enjoy the E-Jets in P3D.

well mine is not working in p3d. Eventually causes a CTD and thats not with loading and saving a flight. Been in the hangar for a while now. Shame cause they are fun to fly. 

On 10/04/2017 at 8:16 PM, Hightower said:

well mine is not working in p3d. Eventually causes a CTD and thats not with loading and saving a flight. Been in the hangar for a while now. Shame cause they are fun to fly. 

I should have said that I am currently using P3D version 3.2.3 so I wonder what version you are using. You will probably have seen from the P3D forums that there are reported cases of CTDs, with a variety of add on aircraft, add on scenery and different computer systems. The fact that one occurs while operating the E-Jet does not necessarilly mean that is the cause. Does the E-Jet function correctly before the CTD, and what is the fault module indicated when a CTD happens. Also, if I am allowed to mention it here, it may be worth having a look at the very useful CTD guide on the avsim P3D forums. 

I see from way back that you reported some strange autopilot issues while using the E-Jets in FSX. I don't know if you are still using the original E-Jets download for current installations, but it could have been corrupt. Maybe worth a fresh download. This may also be stating the obvious, but did you install the E-Jets as administrator, and do you run P3D as administrator. I also use the old habit of loading the default flight first, and then changing to the E-195, or loading a saved E-195 scenerio. 

10 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

I should have said that I am currently using P3D version 3.2.3 so I wonder what version you are using. You will probably have seen from the P3D forums that there are reported cases of CTDs, with a variety of add on aircraft, add on scenery and different computer systems. The fact that one occurs while operating the E-Jet does not necessarilly mean that is the cause. Does the E-Jet function correctly before the CTD, and what is the fault module indicated when a CTD happens. Also, if I am allowed to mention it here, it may be worth having a look at the very useful CTD guide on the avsim P3D forums. 

I see from way back that you reported some strange autopilot issues while using the E-Jets in FSX. I don't know if you are still using the original E-Jets download for current installations, but it could have been corrupt. Maybe worth a fresh download. This may also be stating the obvious, but did you install the E-Jets as administrator, and do you run P3D as administrator. I also use the old habit of loading the default flight first, and then changing to the E-195, or loading a saved E-195 scenerio. 

No im on the latest version of P3D.  I dont have CTD issues except on some odd occasions but normally everything else working fine. Just when I had the E-Jets installed I always had CTDs with errors being very vague ones like ntdll or something that doesnt say much.  It was all installed with administrator. Even uninstalled and cleared the folders completely.  Still had issues so finally gave up. But thanks for suggestions to help. 

I just hope that a V3 is in the works instead of just being a thought. For now I will have to make do with the ones in xplane. 

On 3/8/2017 at 4:35 AM, craig jeffs said:

(...) Wing flex (...)

Funny.

As for the ERJ, it would surely be nice to have a revamp of the original model, with additional ND and FMS fixes (disappearing waypoints in approaches, lack of proper representation of SIDs and STARs, etc). I'd pay again for these.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, m3rm0z said:

-jets v2 was very underrated by the flight sim community I feel. The reason may be a lack of understanding of the level of automation/computerization of these planes, along with attempting to apply the (often not fully understood) AP/AT modes logic of Boeing for automated flight path management in an E-Jet. The principles are fundamentally similar but the names and logic of the various managed flight path FMA modes may be closer in essence to the Airbus operating philosophy.

That may be the case, but thats something I like to take up as a challenge. The principles were the same (probably like Airbus) but slightly different logic. Its just a matter of getting used to little bit different procedures. The community can learn it, just like they embraced the Majestic Q400 which is not an easy aircraft to master. I think the e-jets are just dated, especially the VC, and it does have some odd things it does that messes things up. If this was fixed, I have no doubt, the new E-Jets would be a great success. The community is itching for a regional jet. The excitement for the Aerosoft CRJ-900 is pretty high.  

I hope Feelthere can be inspired to reboot this great aircraft. Especially with P3D V4 around the corner and limitations removed, with alot of new features.  Heck even the E170/75 does well in xplane. I fly that for now, but always prefer P3D

• 2 weeks later...

Although I have not used P3D yet (only FSX boxed and FSX Steam), I too am thrilled about P3D V4 since it is a 64bit simulation now.

FSX Steam is doing quite nicely and stable as well though and I only use the boxed version as a back up right now.

Since I fly the Embraer in real life I offered to help out (about a year and a half ago) in case an update was being considered . The reply was polite but along the same lines as here on the forum...thanks for your interest and willingness to help...we are thinking about it but are working on other projects at the moment.

I truly hope the aircraft gets the update she deserves! The Embraer is a real interesting mix of Airbus and Boeing Phylosphy and should appeal to anyone, especially those who have already tried either Boeing or Airbus or both.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I would just like to throw in a big BIG thank you to BeenFeltThere ... errr sorry, FeelThere, for their incredibly rapid response to P3Dv4 (what is that, I wonder????)

I think everybody at this has had to have been issued asbestos lined gloves and shoes due to the pace they work at creating so much friction and heat.

SHAME ON YOU Guys

Tony Chilcott

• 5 weeks later...